Side Effects with Evening Primrose?

MrsAttard

Reaction score
I started taking evening primrose oil and I'm wondering if anyone has had side effects from taking it? Specifically, I've had spotting at 3-4dpo, which is unusual for me, but seems too early to IB, though I hope it is!

The first 4 days or so that I started taking it, it made my mind scattered if that makes any sense. But I adjusted to it. I probably need to take it this month with clomid but I think I'm going to try robitussin. EPO did help though. No other symptoms.

I've come off epo because it gave me mid cycle spotting as well :(

I think since it boosts estrogen, which is good for the first two weeks, it's bad for the 2ww because I think it counteracts the progesterone. I did have more CM, but I never had a LP shorter than 14 days until I started taking EPO. I started having spotting and started as early as 8 dpo on the third cycle of EPO.

It made me have crazy fertile CF and my cycle got really long.

I started taking evening primrose oil and I'm wondering if anyone has had side effects from taking it? Specifically, I've had spotting at 3-4dpo, which is unusual for me, but seems too early to IB, though I hope it is!

I read on-line that your supposed to stop taking it after ovulation and not resume until after your AF shows again. It also said that if you take it and you end up being pregnant it can cause side effects or miscarriage but it's fine when trying to conceive so that you have healthier mucus.

I only take it once AF shows and then stop after Ovulation. I'm not sure of the validity of it since I don't remember the website but I don't take any chances.

I read on-line that your supposed to stop taking it after ovulation and not resume until after your AF shows again. It also said that if you take it and you end up being pregnant it can cause side effects or miscarriage but it's fine when trying to conceive so that you have healthier mucus.

I only take it once AF shows and then stop after Ovulation. I'm not sure of the validity of it since I don't remember the website but I don't take any chances.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a little frustrated because I'm usually so particular abut what I put in my body and I'd done reading, but never saw anything about stopping after ovulation. It makes sense, but I guess I'm getting a little desperate and didn't think that through. I haven't taken it th past couple of days (more from forgetting than conscious choice) so hopefully I haven't screwed myself for this cycle.:dohh:

Supposedly after ovulation it causes contractions in the uterus or spasms. I stopped after ovulation. Your suppose to take flax seed oil in it's place after ovulation.

The only symptom it gave me was delayed ovulation for about a week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->