Side pain that won't go away

twinkie2

Mom of 2 Girls
Reaction score
Alright ladies, I've got a question for you. Last night I went to stand up and got an awful cramping, shooting pain that literally felt like it went right up my bum through my uterus and wrapped around my sides. I just froze for nearly a whole minute before even attempting to move. I've never had anything like this before. At first I thought maybe it was a really bad round ligament pain, but the pain and discomfort hasn't gone away (12+ hours now). Right now if I am still it doesn't really bother me, but if I move I can feel the discomfort and if I walk I have to go slow and lean to my right. The pain is mostly in my right "lovehandle" area (sorry I don't know how else to describe it) and wraps to the front and back just a little bit. The top right side of my uterus is a bit sore, but nothing like my side. Dr Google isn't helping much. My reading is it is either absolutely nothing to worry about, or, it is :( Obviously I can rule out ectopic and fibroids, I don't think it's early labor as I actually haven't had any BH since it happened and, the biggie, there has been no bleeding or extra discharge. Baby still seems to be wiggling about like usual, so I don't think anything is wrong with baby. I just honestly don't know what to do or think, any thoughts? Sorry for the very long winded explanation, just wanted it to be understandable. TiA

You have to be really careful in pregnancy when you get up or do any to go gently, don't twist or sudden movements as you can easily pull a muscle or ligament xx

I didn't stand up quickly or anything like that though (I haven't been able to get up quickly for quite some time already :( )

Hmm I'm not sure then, probably best to call your midwife just to see what she says? Xx

That's what I'm wondering too... just wish if it was nothing to be concerned about I could figure it out and avoid a potential trip in.

I had something similar to this a few weeks ago.Mine had been a bit tender throughout the day then all of a sudden I went to the toilet and literally couldn't even stand up after. I think of myself as having a high pain threshold in general but it hurt so bad I actually cried. Dh had to actually carry me up the stairs to bed that night. It wasn't too bad when I was sat down but walking was agony. I called my midwife and they just said have a bath and take it easy.

Vickster-has it passed now? I took a warm shower and that felt better while I was in there. If I'd had time for a bath, I definitely would have taken one, but I'm sure DH would have to help me out of it.

I'd probably have a couple paracetamol and have another warm shower/Bath/hot water bottle and see how it goes but I'd definitely call midwife/see doc if it continues.
xx

As of right now, my plan is some tylenol to get me through the work day, then a warm bath tonight when dh is home to help me get out of the tub (just in case) if it's not better by morning, I'll definitely call in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->