Sidney's journey 'Earthside' - An April Fools Day home birth.

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy, seems like you did amazingly!! I love the name btw. Welcome to the world Sidney :hugs: xx

congrats hun! what a gorgeous wee lad you have there. thanks for sharing your birth story! (((hugs)))

what a wonderful birth story congratulations xxxx

What a beautiful and perfect birth :hugs:
Congratulations he is gorgeous!! xxx

Thank you for sharing! I am envious - if I can have a birth half that wonderful it would be pure bliss! Thanks :D

Your my birthing guru!!!! Congrats again he is gorgeous!

oh wow hun, congratulations! he is gorgeous!

I cant believe exactly 2 weeks ago I was in my birth pool, in my kitchen and things were progressing well. The MW was thinking about calling the second MW and I was looking at the clock on my cooker thinking to myself 'Hebe was born at 9.16pm.....I wonder what time Sid will arrive with us.....' Good times......gosh I wish I could go back to that moment.....

Having had time to reflect, I think giving birth to my son at home has affected me in such a profound and deep way.......I knew I'd feel proud and empowered but I feel much more....I cant really describe it. I look over from where I am sitting right now, nursing my boy, and I see the very spot he emerged in to the world......it's so simple and pure but so earth shattering all at the same time. I know one day we will move from this house but it will always be so special....even when we leave I'll be able to drive past and say 'that's where you were born'....I can say that about the birth centre or hospital but....I dont know...it's just a little different because of what it's done to me as a woman - the way it's made me feel about myself. I always remember thinking how cool it was when my mum took me in to the bedroom she was born in at my grandparents house....maybe Sid will show his children.....

We havent said we'll have another but we havent said we wont.....but if we do, just like Sid, they will be made at home and born there too.

x

I cant believe exactly 2 weeks ago I was in my birth pool, in my kitchen and things were progressing well. The MW was thinking about calling the second MW and I was looking at the clock on my cooker thinking to myself 'Hebe was born at 9.16pm.....I wonder what time Sid will arrive with us.....' Good times......gosh I wish I could go back to that moment.....

Having had time to reflect, I think giving birth to my son at home has affected me in such a profound and deep way.......I knew I'd feel proud and empowered but I feel much more....I cant really describe it. I look over from where I am sitting right now, nursing my boy, and I see the very spot he emerged in to the world......it's so simple and pure but so earth shattering all at the same time. I know one day we will move from this house but it will always be so special....even when we leave I'll be able to drive past and say 'that's where you were born'....I can say that about the birth centre or hospital but....I dont know...it's just a little different because of what it's done to me as a woman - the way it's made me feel about myself. I always remember thinking how cool it was when my mum took me in to the bedroom she was born in at my grandparents house....maybe Sid will show his children.....

We havent said we'll have another but we havent said we wont.....but if we do, just like Sid, they will be made at home and born there too.

x

I cant believe how quick thats gone too....and i must say thats exactly how i feel about the whole experience its amazing and every mother should imo experience it if possible:) So glad you feel so happy x

It's a bit mind blowing isnt it CG.

Ps - sort your ticker out woman :winkwink:

x

awww that is so sweet Lisa! Im very happy for you.

What an amazing birth story! I think you might well be my inspiration if we manage to get pregnant with a second baby! (unfortuately this one is coming via CS)

What a wonderful birth story - congratulations on your beautiful little man x

I'm also having a good tear-up hon! So sorry I'm so late, but all my love and heartfelt congrats!! You are a SuPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: And he's just gorgeous, so different to Hebe and beautiful!!! :cloud9:
xxx

i'm so sorry i've only just seen this,but what a wonderful birth!! :cloud9: and my god you have one incredibly gorgeous little boy!!! huge congratulations sweetie :) lots of love xxxxx

What an emotional story, congrats hun it was wonderful to read... xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"