Sigh...It's time to tell...

Eidson23

Reaction score
My parents.

Now I am a fully self sufficient adult. And I love my parents to death. But I am absolutely, 100% dreading telling my parents that my wife is pregnant! My mother loves me, but she is very religious. She basically denied that I was gay, when I came out to her. I didn't come out to her until I was 24 because I have always been terrified to tell her, because we are so close and out of her 4 kids I'm the most like her. She didn't agree when I married my wife. I know she will definitely not agree with us having a baby.

Now, I completely respect her opinion, and her beliefs. After some time, our relationship hasn't really changed, And she really does try to support me. Even came to visit from across the country in April and stayed with us. She loves my wife! But she lives in her happy land of denial where we are roommates and best friends...

My wife will be 9 weeks on Friday. We are getting our ultrasound on Friday. I've been putting off telling them but I really need to. They had no idea we were trying, so this is going to completely take them off guard. I'm just so scared! My mom loves me, but she's not a quiet woman, and she doesn't try to be rude but her opinions are very hurtful sometimes. I'm afraid she won't recognize our baby as her grandchild, I'm afraid I'm going to hurt her even more. I know she tries so hard and accepts me, but I just feel like such a disappointment to her even though I'm the most well-off child she has. She lives across the country, so face-to-face is off the table (thank God honestly!)...but I just don't know how or when to tell her. I don't want to wait too long because then she'll be upset that I took so long to tell her. Anyone have any ideas or words of advice? :nope:

First of all, congrats :) I don't have much advice but I'm sure it will go better than expected. I think you should tell her sooner than later, so that she doesn't feel like you've kept it from her. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->