Signs of early labour?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Anyone give some info?

Does everyone have a 'show' first?

x

not everyone has a show first alot have a show after labour starts i didnt have a show till a few hours into my labour with my 2 previous pregnancys.

I agree with Katie, you don't always get show. I never did with my son.Not until I was well into my labor. I just started getting contractions one morning lol.

Wobbles r u ok?:hugs:

i had a show first on all mine, on Charlie and Ethan i had a show about a week before labour started, on Coby i had a few shows leaded up to labour, My midwife said that if you dont go in to labour a while after having a show it will re form itself.

mine went... Charlie and Ethan...Show, week later, waters broke, then contractions

Coby was....Shows, on and off labour pains that never went anywhere, then induction.

No idea what im going to be in for this time round, my braxton hicks are alot stronger on this one than the others, quite painful, i have to breathe through them, would love to say this baby will be early but knowing my luck i will go over lol

x

x

you can have a show weeks b4 labour, as layla said, it can reform itself, i had a sweep with chloe and had a show tht day, then 2 days later had her.

with callum had a show in early labour :D

I didn't have a Show until i was well into Labour with Emily and can't remember seeing anything with Jack

I felt like i was coming down with flu or something before everything kicked off with Emily if that helps, felt quite spaced out as well which was odd

ahhh, Wobbles I wanted to ask exactly the same :hi:

'cos so close to due date, it feels somehow this baby does not want to come out at all :dohh:

so, I was wondering 'bout the "show" thing already as well :hi:

ok got this from my pregnancy q&a book

first signs of labour

contractions 1 or 2 contractions per hour (what to do)wait labour has not begun(but if) contractions 5-10 mins apart call midwife or labour ward

babys movements become less frequent(with or without contractions) contact midwife or labour ward(but if) movements stopped altogether go to hosi immediately

strong contractions (less than 5 min apart) contact labour ward and get to hosi(but if) some contractions are weak and irregular contact midwife or labour ward

waters broken contact midwife or labour ward for advice(but if) dark green stains(meconium) go right to hosi

had a show contact midwife/labour ward (but if) lots of blood go right to hosi

constant backache (if) it can be eased by change position or warm bath then wait and see (if it does not ease and with other signs) contact midwife/labour ward

diarrhoea without other signs wait and see (with other signs) contact midwife/labour ward

strong urge to push labour is in progress contact midwife/labour ward/go to hosi

(false labour)
you will be expieriencing braxton hicks which can often be mistaken for the real thing particulary if they are strong and if this is your 1st baby and u dont know what to expect. The difference between these practice contractions and labour pains is that they occur irregulary perhaps 1 or 2 an hour then fade away,
whereas labour pains begin slowly and build in intensity and frequency

hope this helps i wrote it word for word from my book

Wanted to? Why didn't you? hehe

Prob one of those silly questions your not sure if to ask or not? But I don't care :rofl:

Shamrockgirl I stayed away from my pregnancy books - They scared me :rofl: Too many pictures :rofl:

Shamrockgirl I stayed away from my pregnancy books - They scared me :rofl: Too many pictures :rofl:

lol=-----im addicted to those books--- go look at them like a million times==== how big is baby now ---whats growing or developing this week-- lol

I had to go for number 2s loads during early labour with both mine lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_dilation

https://www.askdramy.com/Chap15.html

https://ncnc.essortment.com/dilationcervix_rcyk.htm
https://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/firststage.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member