SIL rant

1st_baby

Ok so My SIL is going to start trying for baby in summer time , which ok is great and all but now she keeps bugging me about what she will get from me and all ..she wants the moses basket , clothes and ect that I wont need as max will be older but for fuck sake what If I want to get PG next year lol she told me as a joke "can you wait till im done" WTF lol is she serious I have to wait after her to have a baby :rofl: I think shes smoking something funny lol

But now I was thinking at first OH didnt want another one at all ..now after 6 months hes mentioning wanting a girl lol I told him he decides that not me ..so I was thinking I would go back to work for a few months while practicing and then go for it ..but now with my SIL in the way its harder

Seriously should I wait after her or not ?

it's all your stuff hun... if I was in your position then I would just tell her you might be needing it so couldn't she buy she her own stuff? Most new parents have to buy it all first time round.

Ditto. You don't have to wait just because she is having a baby. You have just asmuch of a right as she does.

Agree with the others! It's your stuff you don't have to wait for her

Also, she may take a long time to get pregnant... so you shouldn't have to put your life on hold because she wants to start a family...
I'd say whenever you guys feel right, go for it! Whole heartedly! :)
best of luck!!

Agree with everyone-It is your stuff anyway so why does she think she should have it and then pass it back to you after??? Besides, who knows if she will keep it as well as you do??

Lol ignore her its your life and your stuff - keep it for you

I'm spiteful, so would prolly not give her my stuff anyways. She shouldn't be assuming you will give it all to her! Stupid cow.

its your stuff and you had to buy it all fso why should she think she has any rights to it??? first time parents get loads of stuff given and bought for them so she will just have to sort it out herself i wouldnt wait for any one to tell me when i could start ttc apart from oh of course but its up to you and oh not her good luck take care

That's all your stuff! Honestly, if that was my SIL and she would have said that to me, I would tell her she can f off!! You don't owe her anything, therefore you don't have to give her your things if you think you might need them.

Good to know im not alone in feeling this way lol I dont care much about the car seat and pushchair as Ill get new ones but when it comes to the moses basket well thats personal my nana gave it to me and shes not very well (cancer) so im very emotional knowing its the last thing she might give me for my son .. but my DH's family is so uptight I dont get it ..

I seriously think she is pissed because I had the first born in her family but honestly shes not going to me a very good mum as mean as that is ..both ehr and hubby are extremely cheap and selfish ..she also mentioned she wont take my baby clothes as there used lol if only she knew how fast they grow out of things ..

Pfffft. I'm all for generosity, but I give what I want to give - not what others demand of me. Stand up for yourself. :) Do what YOU want to do because you're only going to live this life once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->