Silent reflux?? Had every medicine, changed milk...now what!!!

geegee954

Reaction score
Hello ladies :)

Hoping some of u experiences reflux baby mummys may b able to help!!

My 10 week old daughter was diagnosed with reflux at 2 weeks.....she's had gaviscon, renitidine and domperadone and is now on omprazole (losec Mups) and domperadone.

She switched to hungry baby aptamil frOm aptamil 1 at 3 and a half weeks as she is one hungry lady!!

The meds seem to make an initial difference then things get bad again!!

In addition to all of this she is constipated too so is on lactulose each day and only ever get a little nappy surprise every 2 days!!

She's a silent refluxer so hardly ever sick except the odd bit of wind now and then.....

Losec seems to b helping and she is no longer making the noise where the acid shoots back up from her stomach. Nor is she grunting in her sleep or thrashing round her cot!!

However she is struggling when taking her bottles and sometimes still gets tummy pains and crys when passing wind....

I thought possibly cows milk protein intolerance so requested nutramigen....

She hated it so weaning her on it now, 3 scoops of each formula to say and hop g full bottles by Sunday.

HOWEVER....she seems to be vomiting a lot more since starting this Milk, also, the vomit is very clear and watery as opposed to either milky when she brings up wing or cottage cheese when it's normal sick!!

She was like this when I switched her to aptamil comfort a few weeks ago too so I took her straight off it after 5 days and it completely stopped!!!

Really don't know what to do Please help!!!!!

Do I persevere with the nutramigen and let her have it for a full week before I go back, even though she's being more sick??? Please help :-( xx

Apologies in advance for my spelling stupid iPhones!! And half sleeping/half whinging baby on my chest ;-)

I think you definatly need a second opinion now that omperazole isn't working hun. Your LO is very young and you've tried mostly everything now that's available.

How long did you try all these meds for? Most the ones you mention take up to 14 days to start working (especially Losec)

Often it's a case of finding the right combo of meds suited to your LO

Hey hun, worth trialing Nutrimegan for at least 2 weeks as takes a while for the old milk to clear out her system x

Hi r u still on here just wondering what helped ur LO? Now that its a year on and does it. Get easier? My babys 9 weeks and nothings helping her we have started her on losec 3days now (feels like 3weeks) and she's been really bad I no it takes 2weeks to work im counting down the days :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->