Silent reflux

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
Hello all. (Have posted this on a few areas so sorry if you are reading it again!)

My 3 week old daughter has just been diagnosed with silent reflux - i took her to doctor convinced it was colic - but apparantly not! Anyway, was wondering if any of you have children that have had this? If so, have they grown out of it by themselves and at what age?

I only ask as a 'friend' has just told me that we (and i quote) have a long and painful road ahead of us that will probably result in LO needing key hole surgery to rectify problem after being pumped full of various drugs that will do nothing first.....needless to say, not only am i now extremely worried and i am also incredibaly hacked off with her comment and really upset - is silent reflux really that serious? She has been presribed infant gaviscon and some drops to neutralise here tummy acid a little so that it burns less.

Please share your thoughts/experiences - am really worried thanks to said 'friend' and her helpful comment !

Didnt want to read and run :hugs: I do hope your friend is wrong ...i would speak with health visitor ...i found this site while tryin to research for you xxx
https://www.babyreflux.co.uk/knowledge/questions/55/What+is+'silent'+reflux?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->