silently wretching

Marythefairy

Reaction score
Hi all. My lo is a month old today so has just arrived at her due date. For the last week she's been very unsettled especially at night wanting to feed all the time or be held upright. She seems to be struggling to burp or pass wind but when she has a poop although she finds it hard it looks normal to me.

The last 2 days I've noticed her silently wretching. She's not sick after but she looks like she's gonna choke. Any ideas?

My household has been very stressful as dh has been in hospital very ill for over a week and I can't drive coz of my section so I'm not sure if dd2 is picking up my stressed vibes. She was having expressed milk in a bottle until Monday but I've cut that out to see if it helped but it didn't.

Thanks. Sorry for long post I'm one tried and stressed mommy. It's so horrid not being able to console my baby :-(

Mine does that and she has reflux i have to keep her upright for at least 30 minutes after feeding but even with meds she does the silent gaggy thing from the acid in her throat

Yeah I was going to suggest looking up silent reflux. My lo had it for a while, put on soooo much weight, i think the milk soothed his throat. It was actual puking after a couple of months, vomit stained everything.

Thanks ladies. From reading up this sounds exactly it. I'm in the middle of another totally sleepless night and feeling very stressed. Am gonna book a doc appointment in the morning. What meds do your lo take and do they help?

I've been to docs today and they have given me infant gaviscon to try. They said I should mix it with some expressed milk 6 times a day and give it in the middle of feeds. Dd2 has put on 600g in the last 10 days. In the previous 3 weeks she had only put on 250g in total. That'll be the constant feeding to soothe her throat I guess. Crossing my fingers that the gaviscon works.

Mine takes liquid ranitidine its starting to work now it took about 3 weeks good luck

We were given gaviscon, but i was too stressed to make a go of it, and the dr was an arse.

How are you giving it? I was told to express and put in the bottle. Yeah, no didn't work for us, he would never take a bottle, nor could i express enough.
In the end i googled it, and even though it's against the instructions, i just mixed it with a bit of bm, and gave it in 2 10ml syringes.

Dd2 will fortunately take a bottle of ebm fine thankfully so I have been able to visit dh in hospital. I have been putting half a sachet in an oz of milk and giving it between boobs. I think I have seen a slight glimmer of improvement

We started on Gaviscon (used to give it in 5ml water) then ranitidine. Neither did much and DD was still in agony 24/7.

Finally got Omeprazole which turned her into a different baby.

We were able to wean her off it at 9m which was awesome. Now she's a healthy, happy girl. :)

Hang in there mummies. Silent reflux is awful! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->