silly question about scan on friday...

nickynora

1 fab 4yr old & 1 angel x
Reaction score
So I have a growth scan on friday when I'll be 35+5, will they be able to check gender for us?

We were told that we are team pink at 20 week scan but as we get closer to baby being here I have been getting more and more worried they've got it wrong.

I have visions of being I labour and having baby and me asking if 'she' is ok, only to be told that she is a 'he'!!
Am I just being irrational? I never had this with my son.

So just wondering if they'll be able to see enough to put my mind at rest or if baby will be too big to tell?

x

They did at mine I was worried cuz we have 2 girls n they said it was a boy LOL

if i was getting another scan i would definitely ask them to check - i have been getting a bit paranoid thinking 'what if she's a boy?!'

My aunty was told she was having a boy and then had a very late scan (2 days before DD) to be told actually it was a girl! Luckily they already have a girl so had a lot of stuff left from that baby!

I've got lots of pink clothes but as far as the pram, bedding, changing bag etc i've bought everything neutral just in case!!

glad i'm not the only one going a bit crazy about this.. :winkwink:

I've had them recheck at all five scans since I found out girl. They always gladly did.

I had a growth scan at 31+5 but was too scared to ask as it was the miserable sonographer!

I had her the day I went for an emergancy scan when I had my miscariage last year - she wasn't very sympathetic!

I'm hoping for one of the nice ones this time, then I wont feel so bad for asking lol.

I'm really nervous that they'll say they got it wrong :dohh:

I had a 3d scan at 34 weeks and they were able to check gender but when I had a medical scan done at 37 weeks the sonographer said she couldn't. I'm not sure whether she was being lazy though!

Yep I asked at my 20, and 33 week scans and also at the 30 week 3d scan and all were very very confident on the gender lol

One of them even ripped the probe off coz our little man wanted to flash his bits the whole time and she was scared we didn't know the gender lol

In our growth scan last week at 31 + 2, we were asked if we knew the gender and we said yes! And then we jokingly said, we hope he's still a boy, if not we'll have to return our blue things! And she laughed as well (the midwife) and was happy to point out in our scan that he was still a he. Her exact words were, "Oh here we are, that's his balls!" which caught me a little off guard lol but my husband thought it was funny! :)

I think if they should be able to reconfirm the sex in the scan. You can always use our joking approach if the technician seems a little uptight! Never ask, never know! Good luck and enjoy your scan! :)

I had a position scan at 37 weeks and the sonographer showed us our boys 'crown jewels' as he put it. There was no mistaking he is a boy for certain. Ask them to check for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->