Silly question but...

kateqpr

Reaction score
As i'm naturally paranoid, i just wondered; is it ok to wash your hair in the bath when you're pregnant? I know it sounds weird but i've had a bad back this week so having lots of long warm baths to relax it. I've also been washing my hair in the bath, and started wondering whether the shampoo and dirt might effect me in some way? Can it give you an infection inside? Or am i being totally stupid and it's all ok (which i soooo hope so.)

Its completely fine hunni :) Your cervix is closed so nothing going to get in :) Im 2cm dialted and they actually recommend me having baths to ease my pains :)

So rubber dub dub have fun in the tub :) XxxX

Ohh i hope so. I just wondered whether the chemicals could cause a yeast infection or UTI?

Hmm, maybe i'll wash my hair first, have bath after!

I've been having warm baths every other day lately and use normal soap, shampoo, conditioner...all fine. The only thing to watch out for as far as I am aware is that the water isn't too hot, such that it would make your skin flush red.

Lx

You will be absolutely fine hun.

As Ema said - your Cervix is sealed tightly so nothing is gonna be able to get in xx

Some people who are prone to thrush are advised against using anything fragrenced, bubble bath etc, but I wouldn't worry too much about a bit of shampoo :)

Found this: "Thrush is not due to poor hygiene. However, the normal conditions of the vagina may be altered by excess washing and douching of the vagina, bubble baths, scented soaps, spermicides, etc. The normal mucus and bacteria in the vagina may be upset by these things and allow Candida to infect. Therefore, it may be best to wash just with water and unscented soap, and do not douche the vagina."

here: https://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27000589/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"