Silly question - can I go to the cinema?

caz_hills

Reaction score
As I'm writing this I feel quite silly.

Is it safe to go to the cinema? I'm 26 weeks - will the noise be ok for baby? My son wants to watch angry birds and it's half term!

Thanks x

I don't see why not. I've read that all sounds for baby are really muffled so you should be fine I think.

I was actually just at the movies this past weekend myself with my DH (we saw the new "Captain America" movie).

Have a fun time with your DS! I know my nephew also really wants to see that movie:winkwink:

Totally ok! My only suggestion...if it's a really long movie consider getting up ever so often and do a quick walk (likely to the bathroom any way!) to keep your circulation going in your legs. Also, for some reason I can't do three hour ones when I'm pregnant. Sitting for that long is too much for me and my body gets very restless. Have fun!

I would say it's totally fine. :) I think there's quite a bit between the outside world and baby that would muffle the loud noises of the movie.

If it makes you feel any less silly, I had this same worry when OH and I went to the movies a couple weeks ago and also when I was blasting the radio in my car after bringing my older kids to their grandmas. I'm sure I'll worry about it again in two weeks when OH and I have a movie date planned with my brother and SIL. :dohh:

Go and enjoy watching the movie with your son! :)

Yeah, I've never known it be a problem!

With my first, we went to the cinema. I also went to a gig, no problems.

So we went - lots of fun (my son's first time at the cinema) and baby wriggled loads. Glad I went - thanks for reassuring me girls. Silly anxious mumma here!

Glad you had a good time! It's good to get out sometimes :) Didn't think to mention earlier but if it gets too loud in the theatre I tend to put my jacket over my bump:haha: Not sure it does anything but somehow makes me feel like I'm protecting baby!

I went to a few rock concerts when i was pregnant with my daughter, i had the same worry! But the girls on here reassured me that it's okay. Cinema would be fine! Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->