Silly question, not sure where to post?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
So I have been looking into water birth and don't have a lot of answers to my questions because my current doctor does not offer this option. However, I have found one who does and they actually offer just laboring in water and then you can deliver in the hospital bed if you like which I really like the idea of. If I were to choose this option and decided to go against water birthing and just labored in the tub for a bit got out and decided to have an epi would that be allowed? This being my 1st I want to make sure if I feel the need for one because I just mentally and physically don't feel I can do it I want the option. Kwim? oh decisions decisions. Wish I had known more about this all from the start :dohh:

i think as long as you are not too far allong when you leave the tub you can have the epidural. you can in most places use gas and air whilst in the tub for extra pain relief. if you have any questions you can usually ring the maternity unit at your hospital to ask about their policies

Probably. Some hospitals have a policy that says you can only have an epi up to x amount of cms, and other hospitals allow you to have an epi all the way up to birth.

Check with their policy... They might discourage the epi too close to the birth, as it can affect your pushing and it can affect the baby too. The water is extremely effective. I was honesty surprised at how much relief I got from getting in my pool. You might surprise yourself and not feel you need that epi on the day. And if THAT happens, there are no words to describe that incredible high! So, keep an open mind....?

The only silly question is the one you don't ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->