silly question

Marini_Mare

Harlow Sophia <3
Reaction score
if you get a positive opk test (got the LH strips from a website), does that mean I'm actually on my way back to being normal after the pill? :haha: this is my first cycle off BCP... I heard it can take some people a couple cycles to actually ovulate after coming off the pill.. if I get a positive, that means its my top days to conceive, if I'm one of those that doesn't ov for a cycle or two it'll be negative right? .... sorry so clueless! :shrug:

if you dont ovulate your test will be negative. but you need to ovulate to get your next period so as long as your willing to test everyday eventually you will get your positive :)

so you still ovulate on the pill & just don't release an egg? right? :shrug::dohh::wacko: lol

OPKs don't detect ovulation, they detect the surge of LH (lutenizing hormone...even though I don't think I spelled that correctly...ha). You always have LH in your system, but get a surge once a month. This surge is what tells your ovary to release an egg (well, basically). It is possible to get a positive OPK and not actually ovulate. And when you're on the pill, no, you don't ovulate/release an egg). The pill sort of tricks your body into think you are already pregnant buy regulating your hormones. This means you don't get those surges of LH and, therefore, don't release an egg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->