silly questions for 1st tri

celine

Reaction score
Im so full of questions Im hoping anyone can help me, my doc confirmed my preg this morning and reffered me to midwives which i might only see in a week...so..
1. Food I should avoid (Ive eaten all of these in the last week!) soft cheeses such as brie, camonbert, goat cheese feta
2. raw meats tartar and pates
3. raw fish
4. some cooked fish (unsure which ones?)
5. caffiene and chocolate (which apparenlty has caffiene in?)
6. raw egg and mayo (home made mayo has raw egg in)

am I missing some?

Started taking a preg vit which I just bought at the local shop (it has 400ug folic acid) and lots more is there anything i should keep a look out for that I might be missing?

We are moving next week and I want to paint my room...is it safe?

My midwife told me not to eat nuts as she said it can make the risk of the baby having an nut allergy when he/she is born but i no some midwives say its ok to eat nuts so id check with her

sounds like you're doing all the right things already! i also take omega 3 which is supposed to be good for brain development, etc. can't remember the details but they're easy to find online.
i recall you shouldn't eat swordfish, and not too much tuna (more than 3 portions a week) because of higher mercury levels than other fish.
room painting - a personal choice i think. i've done some painting, and just made sure the room was well-ventilated and that i got fresh air. it may make you feel sick more than anything!
lucky thing having your midwife appt so early! i have to wait til i'm in week 10.
good luck with the move!

hi celine I got my first bfp on Saturday and apparently I'm 4w 2d!!!
I also have lots of questions and I'm feeling a little paranoid :-( I think we could be of buddies! We have close dates I was told my due date is june 30 :)

I think you might need a bit more folic acid? I read somewhere you need 400/0.4mg when you're trying to conceive and then 1000/1mg when you're pregnant.
My prenatal vitamins have got 1000.

I'm sure the other girls will correct me if I'm wrong.

OMG....congratulations, I didn't know you had your BFP! You're only a few days behind me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->