Silly Sister - Preloved Are Unhygenic??

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
My sister (who for the past month has moaned at me to put Adam on solids) has just passed comment on some preloved fluff I received today saying that they are unhygenic (sp?).

She also thinks its a 'wee shame' that he is getting second hand nappies - 'At least with pampers its a new one everytime' :dohh:

She's ruined fluffy post day for me :grr: not happy..

She's is wrong though eh? She always has me questioning my own good judgement and I dont know why!! Thinks she knows best. Sorry not the best place for a rant but thought perhaps some of you girls would have met the small mindedness b4 (or not and Im the only one :cry:)

:flower:

get it all the time honey! some people don't recognise a good thing when they see it! :lol:

:lol: Omg you horrible mother, what a wee shame for him not in pampers..a new paper nappy every time :lol:
Ignore and enjoy your cute preloved fluffies.

What a muppet she is :haha:

How is it unhygenic? In that case, are cloth nappies in general unhygenic in her eyes? Or it it just if someone else has wee'd in them? :shrug:

Ignore her hun, nothing wrong with pre-loved fluff! :thumbup:

Ignore her hon, as long as they're washed then I don't see the issue. People have no problem with second hand baby clothes and I'd be shocked if most of them hadnt had wee, poo or vomit on them at one time or other - I doubt that would bother her!

Some people prefer not to buy preloved which is fair enough but I love a good bargain! :lol:

:lol: I get people saying that to me...say that we wouldnt buy second hand pants for ourselves... i KINDA get it when its put like that, but not in comparison to pampers :dohh: I dont care i will still get preloved stuff :D

What a horrible mother you are, not putting fresh chemicals on your baby's skin everyday....

pffft, really is a wee shame :winkwink:

At a 60 degree wash, any bacteria remaining is killed off so its a clean as its guna get...does she buy a brand new pair each day? and discard them? I think not...so why is this an issue for babies?!

Im sure she would mind a bit more if she had to shovel the shitty nappies into the landfill!

I've not come across this when I say I've bought Preloved - most people are more intrigued than anything so I'd say ignore her!

I wash at 60c with a prewash so don't see a problem with preowned and like lu love a bargain! You should ask her how much she'd get for a used pamper lol and ask her what that smell is lol

:lol: I get people saying that to me...say that we wouldnt buy second hand pants for ourselves... i KINDA get it when its put like that, but not in comparison to pampers :dohh: I dont care i will still get preloved stuff :D

But we don't wee and poo in our pants!! We do other stuff...

^^ wss :haha:

pah, ignore her! whats it got to do with her anyway :wacko: if she's going to whine about things and upset your fluffy excitement i wouldnt bother telling her about it :) enjoy his preloved fluffy bum!
and yes, washing will kill off anything and people have been using preloved nappies forever!!! when we were kids the terry nappies used to get used for loads of different kids. todays' obsession with disposable "hygienic" products makes everyone way too paranoid and its like chinese whispers. i read on here recently that someone got told that used cloth would give babies polio?!? or something ....... :wacko:

my brother said this when I told him I'd bought some preloved wraps! Now I don't mention that they're preloved!!!
This comes from someone who won't accept hand me downs though, and thinks charity shops are dirty :rofl:
I LOVE hand me downs, and preloved means bargain in most cases!

I find it really odd that people can be funny about a preloved cloth nappy but ok about hand-me-down baby clothes- Toby probably pee'd on more sleepsuits and vests in his newborn days than he did in his actual nappies :laugh2:

Also, although i have never bought used pants for myself, i have borrowed friend's pants (with their permission before you get the wrong idea!! :shock: :haha: haha) and not been like "Ewww" because...drum roll please...they'd been washed before i put them on! Lol.

Your sister is a officially a weirdy, and boo to her for spoiling your fluff excitement!

I can't think of anything more unhygienic than a wheelie bin full of stinky disposable nappies and poo, some of which remain there for 2 weeks!

How silly :dohh:

It amazes me the ideas that people have about using cloth when theyve never tried it.

DH was 'showing off' some of No's fluff to his friend at the weekend and his partner who have just had a baby, he was telling them how easy it was, saves mney, better for the environment, cuts down on waste etc.... they screwed their nose up when DH was explaining that with poo nes, we blast it off abit with the shower head before putting it in the bucket....

Ooo no, this lady couldnt possibly touch poo like that - she thought it was disgusting!!!!

Surely becoming a parent usually means having to deal with wee, poo, sick, drool, snot.... LOL

My OH is the same :rolleyes: At the end of the day its the same as selling your used sweaty clotehs :tease: :lol:

Ignore her and enjoy your fluff I am!! :D xx

I think its a snob factor. I know so many people who won't buy or accept 2nd hand things. I'll have anything 2nd hand, I'm all for recycling (and not in the sense of crushing and remaking - but reusing)
There nothing I love better than bargain 2nd hand stuff. Sure it has a unusual smell at first - but one wash in your house and it'll smell just like you do and you'd never know the difference!

its REUSEABLE! Whether its your LOs poos and wees or someone elses, as long as they are washed, they are REUSEABLE. what a wee shame she is so blind

Ha ha Rach little does she know that whether she uses cloth or sposies she will get poo all over her especially the lovely explosive newborns!!

I actually prefer pre-loved as they are already to full absorbency so you only need to wash once and you can wear. I love all my custom wn's that arrived today but it did mean I had to stay in all day to keep putting the machine on again. Ignore her an enjoy your beautiful fluff.

Poo is poo whether it came out of my baby's bum or someone else's. It's not unhygenic at all... they're washed and clean and, in my opinion, keep everything in better which means less poo all over clothes!

The amount of people who have turned their noses up at me using cloth full stop is ridiculous. I probably wont mention buying preloved cos id probably get gossiped about and its none of their business!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->