silver cross 3d prams

jennievictora

James's mommy
Reaction score
hiya im thinking of buying a silvercrosss 3d pram of my friend i was wondering if anyone had used them and if they are any good ? x

i've got the silvercross 3d pram system! It is an absolutely gorgeous travel system but the only big big downside to it is that my little man has outgrown the pram already and he's only 2 months old and we've only used that part twice so I have to clip the car seat on the top of the pushchair bit now to take him out!!

I've got the 3d for my lo but so far only used it twice, once with the carrycot and once with the car seat.

So far Im really happy with it and have had no problems and lo seems very happy as she slept in it for 4 hours saturday when we were out shopping :)

I have it as well.

The pros are that it feels sturdy and secure and my LO loved the pram part until he outgrew it a few weeks ago - he's not a particularly big baby either. The car seat is easy to attach to the pushchair and is also easy to fit into the car.

The main con (for me) is.....it's so heavy and bulky. I also find it difficult to steer at times.

It's fine as a main pram and LO is comfortable in it but a few weeks ago I bought a Mamas and Papas Lunamix as a second, lighter buggy and have used it since

I personally didn't like it as it's quite big and heavy and when you use it as a travel system you can't take the seat unit off, so have to put the car seat onto the pushchair. It also was difficult to fit in the boot of my car (we bought it before I had my car) and really had to stretch the seatbelts to fit the car seat in.

Plenty of people get on just fine with it though.

i have had 2 off these and both times i had to return them because they were faulty. i would def not buy one again.
the pram looks very nice but it is very heavy.

We have the 3D & I'll be honest with you, I really wish I hadn't bought it. It is really heavy & bulky & soooo big compared to others. My LO outgrew the pram part within a couple of months as well & now is always facing away from me in the pushchair mode - wish I'd got one of those swivel ones so I can see that she's ok & comfortable.

:dohh:

I love mine, I got given it second hand and we are able to fit it into the boot of our micra, my LO is outgrowing the pram part though

Mine looks nice but its heavy as others have said. I had a c section and still struggle to put it up by myself as it hurts my stomach. On the plus side though, it is cosy! X

I have this and find it quite hard to put together - i still dont understand it, but its only early days and not too bad as I will learn it ins and out and I have nothing to compare it too. However, we havent had a problem taking LO out in it, i find it very easy to steer and it seems very secure and comfortable.

On the plus side about it being heavy... it helps you tone your post-preggo body up! :thumbup:

I have on, its beautiful, sturdy and well built for winter weather, HOWEVER, its freakin' heavy. Prepare to get some serious man arms. :haha:

We have the 3d system! While it is well built and sturdy, with nice big shopping basket, it does have it's downsides which we didn't really realise until these last few weeks. The pram part, as some other ladies have also mentioned, does not last long whatsoever! Tadgh is just gone 12 weeks and is completely filling it so now he'll either have to go 1) in his car seat as a travel system. While this works fanastically, and I love having him facing me, I'm not crazy about having him sitting in it for too long, such as quite long walks etc. or 2) in the main seat part but he'll be facing away from me which I don't like! I'd still like to be able to see him when he's this young! I think maybe it's just lacking something for this inbetween stage where LO is not a teeny newborn anymore but not that little bit older where he can sit up in the main seat.

what do you do when baba outgrows the newborn bit can you still use it she wants 150 for everything including the car seat i do have the piko prameete but id love a silvercross one :) x

it is bulky and slightly heavy but if you lift it by the handle part on the right leg it is so much easier to lift in and out of your boot (I only just discovered the handle last week lol!)

We had one of these. Was too heavy to lift when it was all folded up. And really rickety and wobbly, had a huge amount of flex in the frame when you go round a corner. Nice size basket underneath but can't use it as the frame of the pushchair gets in the way. Went and bought a Oyster when she was 6 months old.

it is bulky and slightly heavy but if you lift it by the handle part on the right leg it is so much easier to lift in and out of your boot (I only just discovered the handle last week lol!)

I've had it for months and only discovered the handle a few weeks ago too :dohh:

£150 is good. I paid £299 all in brand new.

It is a tad on the heavy side but thats a good thing really Id rather that than flimsy.

You can use the pushchair side once lo has outgrown the carrycot part. I love the carrycot part especially for the winter as lo will be all cozy and warm

I dont drive id be using it on the bus is 150 good for everything ?

£150 is a fair price, assuming its in excellent condition, I paid £300 for everything (including car seat) in the mothercare sale last Jan - have a check on e bay & see if anyone else is selling one of them so that you can compare the price.

Could you ask your friend to give you a trial day with it, so that you can take it on the bus & round the shops to see how you get on with it & then decide?

£150 is good. I paid £299 all in brand new.

It is a tad on the heavy side but thats a good thing really Id rather that than flimsy.

You can use the pushchair side once lo has outgrown the carrycot part. I love the carrycot part especially for the winter as lo will be all cozy and warm

We found it to be heavy AND flimsy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->