Simeon Hanley - 24/12/2008

Chellebelle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Simeon has settled for a while so I have a few mins to post my story.

At 3.15am I woke up feeling a little wet... so I went to the loo, and realised there was more than normal so I thought :happydance: my waters have gone!

I woke Scott up and told him, then I phoned delivery and they asked me to come in to be checked.

I went to delivery, they put me on a monitor. Everything seemed normal so the midwife asked me to come back when the contractions start... and she made an appointment for me to go in on Xmas day at 9.00am if they didn't start on their own.

We got home, had our Christmas early and opened our gifts as we thought Christmas day was out of the question for us. Within an hour, my contractions started and they were every 5 minutes but not too strong. By 10am, they were very strong and varying between 3 - 5 minutes apart, lasting for up to a minute... so I phoned delivery and they told me to go in.

The midwife checked me and said I was only 1cm dilated, she put me on a monitor which wasn't registering my contractions properly so I think she thought I was faking it lol. She got a doctor to check me as the baby's heart rate was dropping slightly, and he said "take her to a delivery room".

The pain was unbelievable and I managed on gas and air and a shot of diamorphene. It was a strange birth though as the midwife checked me at about 4.00pm and I was 3cm dilated, but within 15 mins, I was pushing! The midwife kept saying "don't push Michelle, just breathe through them" and she got quite snotty about it... but I had to. She looked under the sheet, then disappeared... so I panicked and said to Scott "get a midwife! I need to push!!" so he rang the bell and she returned with the head midwife. The HM tried encouraging me not to push too... then she looked under the sheet and disappeared... only to return with a doctor. I then panicked. The dr said "I am just checking everything is ok as the mw has informed me that your baby's heartrate is dropping and there is ketasomething in your urine and you have a lot of blood down below" so she looked and said "yes she is fully dilated, there is no problem, she just needs to push" :rofl: I could have told them that! :D

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I pushed with every last bit of strength in my body and wow it was painful... and Simeon entered the world at 4.45am with a lovely calmness about him. He was 7lb 8oz, 51 cm long. I had to have 5 stitches inside... which was awful especially as I couldn't even bare to be touched down there, but my little man was worth every stitch :cloud9:

He is such a good little man, I am so proud of him. Thanks to everyone who has sent me well wishes and comments... when I get chance, I will thank you properly.

I have just gone through and picked out a couple of pics... :cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 138
Congratulations Chelle! I am so happy for you :). I had to get stitches down there as well, although i have no idea how many as my OB was like "trust me, you don't want to know" so all i know is that it was pretty bad! I know how you feel...but whenever i look at my baby i know it was all worth it :cloud9: i'm sure you feel the same way!

And my goodness, he has gorgeous eyes! He opens them so wide! My little girl must have little eyes, as she hasn't opened them that wide yet and she is just 2 days older!

Take care, hun!

OMG! Chelle! He's gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and well done! You must be so proud! =)

Yikes I missed this Chelle!!
Congratulations sweetheart, just like with Holly it only feels like yesterday that we saw your BFP announcement!!!

Your little man is just perfect!!

Gorgeous little squidge!!!!

Cant wait to meet him.... xxx

Oh and well done you too!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79