Single Parent Forum

aww ladies please don't text these FOB's - will it make you feel better or more stressed?? my money is more stressed and upset.

i'm sunggling on sofa with dora the explorer - wanting to hang myself but will do that first before i text FOB (Stupid wanker)

we are all here for the same reason - so cuddle little one and be thankful they are by your side, they appreciate all the effort you put into looking after them and loving them - much much more so than FOB!!!!

i agree with you.

this is a section for single parents and us hearing about how someones relationship isnt working out isnt fair on us and that somehow we are expected to have all the answers and suddenly work for the benifit system.

i also dont like the way people make out it must be so hard to be a single mum, like men really do that much hahaha

im in this section not because of a break up but because my OH died and now im a single mum just trying to get thru the day. and ive found here a great support

- just to add, i have eczema BAAAAAAD, and i hate it, so so much, i wear tank tops on purpose because the docs say it has to have air and sunlight to get better, LIESSSSSS, it never works for me, nothing nana zilch!

:cry:

hope bubbas eczema gets better xx

- just to add, i have eczema BAAAAAAD, and i hate it, so so much, i wear tank tops on purpose because the docs say it has to have air and sunlight to get better, LIESSSSSS, it never works for me, nothing nana zilch!

:cry:

hope bubbas eczema gets better xx

i used to suffer from eczema so bad, i had a open wound on my face from it and it covered my body. one day i got so fed up and just stopped using all the creams and used my nans dove body wash and i hardly ever get break outs now. for my son i use aveeno....its really good on his skin

I completely agree :flower: I was a single mummy from when I was 4 weeks pregnant up until when my son was 10.5 months old. Although I'm seeing someone I'm still living on my own etc. I don't think it's fair that people post about relationship problems in here. I found in here a great support especially when I was pregnant :hugs:

Also agree that we don't have it hard.. we are all doing a wonderful job raising our LO's xx

i agree with you.

this is a section for single parents and us hearing about how someones relationship isnt working out isnt fair on us and that somehow we are expected to have all the answers and suddenly work for the benifit system.

i also dont like the way people make out it must be so hard to be a single mum, like men really do that much hahaha

im in this section not because of a break up but because my OH died and now im a single mum just trying to get thru the day. and ive found here a great support

I just love your profile pic, what a beautiful photo :flower: :hugs:

I've been a single parent forever!! FOB has no contact and doesn 't financially support us and I've gone back to work full time. I have quite a short fuse when it comes to other mums going on about there OH being away for a night and how tough it is or how they are sobbing all the time at the thought of going back to work, or my OH doesn't do anything.

Walk in my fucking shoes.... then come and complain to me :D

God that sounded like I'm an uncaring bitch :(

i agree with you.

I've been a single parent forever!! FOB has no contact and doesn 't financially support us and I've gone back to work full time. I have quite a short fuse when it comes to other mums going on about there OH being away for a night and how tough it is or how they are sobbing all the time at the thought of going back to work, or my OH doesn't do anything.

Agreed on both points! That picture is beautiful! :flower:

And yep, I don't have much tolerance for the posts where mums are worried about bathing their LO alone or cutting their nails alone or spending the day alone because their OH has to go back to work. I don't have the luxury to wallow in worry about things like that - I have to just dive in and figure out how to do everything myself.

I tend to just stay out of those threads now because they wind me up too much.

Being a single mum is tough, but I also find it hard to hear people say they feel sorry for us, even if it's meant nicely. There's worse things, you know. I'd prefer to be a single mum than be in an unhealthy relationship, for example.

I would start reporting the posts and ask a mod to move them to the relationships forum :)

I agree too! I am uncomfortable with these posts from people who are having relationship problems posting in the single parent section. It's actually in some ways a horrible reminder of someone who still has a chance of being together with the father of their child when you would have done anything to have made it work with the FOB. Obviously this is just from my perspective and experience of being dumped when I was pregnant and having no support or involvement from FOB. Maybe this is over reacting but it sort of rubs it in your face that they still have FOB there even if he acting badly or whatever.

When I really think about every time I see one of these posts I find it upsetting and it reminds you perhaps of the past, when you want to move forward. It reminds you of what you DON'T have. I never reply to theses posts. This might sound nasty but I kind of boycott them, deliberately ignore them. Don't get me wrong I can sympathise with their situation but I don't want to read about it in this forum.

Its like being forced to live homeless and then getting used and enjoying living on the streets and then someone asking 'I have a luxury home to live in but I'm not happy. What's it like not having a home, etc etc' Sorry for the rubbish analogy!! I just thought of there and it made me laugh. Obviously I know it would be awful being homeless and not comparable to being a single parent and I like being a single parent in a way, but just to make a point across!!

i like how a lot of us agree on this, hopefully the mods can see it our way and make a rule, like the girly sanctuary cant talk about possible BFP's or whatever.

i agree with you.

u dont sound like a uncaring bitch at all! i feel the exact same way and always have done hahaha
i knew i was lucky to have a great OH but when he went away it was weeks and months at a time so the ones who go "oh im alone for a day" really got on my nerves and now even more so.

i think i might start reporting the posts as we arent here to give them relationship advice and to tell them if they should leave their ohs or not....we have our own problems.

im going back to work next yr, i cant claim benifits as i have a army pension so i no im lucky to have money coming in. im really nervous about having 2 boys and working full time but needs must

I agree. Hell, I even get annoyed (no offense to all you faithful regulars) when I see posts about dads who have their kids every other weekend. It's different when you are truly alone with no support whatsoever from the father.

I agree. Hell, I even get annoyed (no offense to all you faithful regulars) when I see posts about dads who have their kids every other weekend. It's different when you are truly alone with no support whatsoever from the father.

Hmm i'm going to have to kindly disagree because I think dealing with FOB's is an issue thats specific to single parents.

Choe's dad has her every other weekend, but I have absolutely no support anywhere else. it will get a little hairy if we start to draw really specific lines like that.

We are not in a relationship and i'd rather get advice from others in a similar situation, then write in a section of the forum where others can pity me and realise how lucky they are to have a loving and reliable partner.

But thats just my opinion :flower:

Hmm i'm going to have to kindly disagree because I think dealing with FOB's is an issue thats specific to single parents.

Choe's dad has her every other weekend, but I have absolutely no support anywhere else. it will get a little hairy if we start to draw really specific lines like that.

We are not in a relationship and i'd rather get advice from others in a similar situation, then write in a section of the forum where others can pity me and realise how lucky they are to have a loving and reliable partner.

i dont think shes implying other shouldnt be able to rant about FOB just that atleast the FOB is around and that the mother gets atleast 1 break rather then her doing it 100% alone

i dont think shes implying other shouldnt be able to rant about FOB just that atleast the FOB is around and that the mother gets atleast 1 break rather then her doing it 100% alone

Ok then what about single mothers who have their Family around?? would you consider them doing it 100% alone?

I do think I am doing it 100% alone FOB is an idiot and the weekends he's at my house watching her i'm working the entire weekend. It may be a break from baby but not a break in the literal sense.

Again we all may agree to disagree but just because FOB is in the picture does not mean I have it any easier/harder than single mothers with no FOB in the picture.

Each situation is individual - the only point I wanted to raise with this thread was calling out people who were considering leaving their partners wanting to know what single parent was life was all about, what benefits they'll get, how will they cope etc.......

I just wanted to say let the single parent forums be just for us single parents.......:flower:

i no the reason why u posted this thread, and ive not said i agree with mamashakesit comment i was just saying i dont think she ment this section shouldnt have women comment about FOB just that it annoys her to see it.

Judging by the threads in this section I think the majority of us have to deal with nobs of FOB's... I think that in itself can be more stressful then having to do it '100% alone' so to speak. Which I do anyway as he doesn't have access to LO right now or support her financially... but the stress of solicitors and all the other crap that goes on is extremely stressful and tbh if I had a choice I'd rather do it 100% alone if I didn't have to deal with that unstable twat in mine or my daughters life.

Perhaps the word "jealous" rather than "annoyed" would have been more accurate. I guess I'd give anything to have a guy that cared enough to be there even every other weekend to spend time with his child and give me a break as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->