sinitus/congestion ectect yada yada yada

S

sezzlebum

hi all,

i was just wondering if anyone else was having these probs or has had this and found something to ease it;
for the past 2 months i have been congested, nose blocked and every morning coughing up flem, cant blow nose as its too blocked.

the problem with the coughing up flem is that it catches in my throat and then i gag and retch for half an hour afterwards

its not on my chest, just in my nose but no amount of vicks/karvol/olbus oil is helping.

OH said i snored like a troll last night (i dont snore usually thats his trick) and this morning my throats bloody killing from it

my head has started really throbbing now around my sinuses and today i got blurred vision (it was like looking thru frosted glass) for 10 mins,

has anybody got any ideas of something to try and ease this, pharmasist was useless and said blablabla u cant have nowt

spanks muchly

sez

I suffered from sinus problems for years and the only thing that helped that pg would be allowed was sticking my face over a cup of boiling water and inhaling the steam.

Hope you feel better soon.

thanks chick, just tried that but doesnt seem to ease it :(

think i'll go docs tomorrow nothing im trying is budging it so i think i might have an infection

hi there, I had terrible sinus and mucus problems with my pregnancy!!! It was a symptom I wasn't expecting at all! Lol, the snoring is NOT attractive is it? It all stopped the day i gave birth!!! However, your symptoms sound horrendous....... surely your dr can give you something!!!

xxx

i have that too.... i just got over a kinda flu bug tho and when i thought i was better i went back to docs etc couple of days ago and the flu bug has made me have a chest infection now :( tsssk so more antibiotics for me :( :hugs: hope u r feelin better soon!

hi there, I had terrible sinus and mucus problems with my pregnancy!!! It was a symptom I wasn't expecting at all! Lol, the snoring is NOT attractive is it? It all stopped the day i gave birth!!! However, your symptoms sound horrendous....... surely your dr can give you something!!!

xxx

hope so, i dont think i could last with this till i drop lol im going in the morning, had my head over a hot bowl of vicks before, it cleared the kids noses and OH's but not mine lol oh and i found the fact i snored funny, revenge is sweet isnt it lol the number of nights hes kept me awake for hehehe

babystar, i havent actually had a cold thats was bugged me, coz then i know it only lasts a few weeks lol, plus this isnt on my chest at all its all um in my head lol

hope you feel better soon chick x

I've not noticed them in England before but over here in America they have a saline spray you can squirt up your nose when you have something like that to help clear it. I tried it when I had sinusitis and it *really* helped.
You just lean over a sink, put the nozzle up your nose and push and it flushes your sinuses out. It feels very peculiar but really relives at the same time.

Here is a link to give you an example, maybe ask the chemist about it...

https://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100095&navAction=jump&navCount=3&skuid=sku3724588&id=prod3725742

ooh fab chaos, i'll ask the doc about them when i go :D

I found Vicks, a vaporizer, LOTS of water (with ice and lemons usually), tea, baths, and the hot water bottle to help me out.

well i got a nasal spray (saline one) and flushed my nose.... shud remember to take finger off the button before taking it out of nose as it went straight in me eye pmsl twice... worked for 5 mins then i blocked up.

doc listened to my chest, thats clear, looked up my nose and said i wasnt congested

scuze be but ifd i wadnt codgested i wudnt de talking like bis lol

so she thinks i have a sinus infection and gave me antibiotics and said if they dont clear it to go back as 2 months is way to long even in pregnancy to be all blocked up etc

tried honey and lemon in hot water, vicks steam etc still no joy grr so will see if antibiotics work in the next few days eh

thanks girls x

I have a sinus infection and my doctor told me that tylenol will help with the headaches and that I can take Sudafed (I'm not sure if that's in the UK or not) as long as its just the regular kind. But taking hot showers and breathing in the steam helps, too. I didn't get any antibiotics because I have a viral sinus infection and antibiotics wouldn't even help anyways.

so youve been told its ok to take sudafed?
fab i'll try that thanking you muchly

i think she gave me antibiotics for my ears to be honest as ive had constant ringing in them, i dunno she wasnt my usual doc, just a locum so she dont know me and looked at me like i was daft most the time lol

My doctor gave me the go-ahead on just plain, normal sudafed. He just said to make sure to read the dosage instructions and try to take as few as possible, but as long as it's the normal dosage per day, then all should be fine.

Sudafed works really quickly, also not sure if you can have it when pregnant but Venos is great (but tastes puke mind, like strong liquorice).
They are the only 2 things I've found to work.

well i got a nasal spray (saline one) and flushed my nose.... shud remember to take finger off the button before taking it out of nose as it went straight in me eye pmsl twice... worked for 5 mins then i blocked up.

haha been there done that, yea they take a few times to master :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"