Sippy cup query

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just a quickie - been offering my LO water at meal times but she will not entertain it. Not sure if the cup is the prob, i'm using a tommy tippy pour cup (i'm a cheap-scate - it was my sons). Any how anyone got a good cup that i could buy or some alternative to water thats popular with babies, she's nearly 8 months. Thanks in advance

good question - ive tried loads, i have a drawer full :( there are new tommee tippee ones with spouts that they suck on in order to get the juice out. i find alex likes it but shes not quite handling the speed yet

I tried a TT sippy cup with Andrew, but it was free-flowing and he couldn't handle the speed. I've just bought some sucky tops that fit onto his Avent bottles, he's not really tried them yet.

Some babies do well with doidy cups, there are discussions about them over in the Weaning forum.

a doidy cup would likely end up on alexs head.....:rofl:

I just persevered with the cheapie Tommee Tippee one! It tok ages, Molly wouldnt drink at all from it for ages, then it used to go everywhere, but now she's fine. I wasnt going to go through hundreds after the amount I spent on bottles! :dohh:

I have a doidy cup, they work great as it is much easier to drink out of. You may have it, but you have to come for lunch to get it :winkwink:

OOh and, we found that Abby wouldn't take water, so when we were making her fruit purees, we would stick some apple or pear cores in a jug of boiling water to make some flavoured water which she took to much quicker.

Thanks ladies some great suggestions! Will keep you posted and Foo i'm def up for lunch soon will text you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->