SIS or Hysteroscopy?

MMW430

Reaction score
My husband and I are planning on doing a FET with some of our 5 frozens soon. I spoke with a nurse at the clinic, and she told me I need to do either an SIS or a hysteroscopy, and that it's my choice as to which one I do. Before our first cycle (which resulted in our son) I had to do an hsg. I'm not really sure why I have to do one of these different tests this time.
We don't meet with the doctor until next week, and I'm going to ask her what she thinks, but in the interim, I'm wondering if anyone here has done either or both? Pros? Cons?

I have done both and am scheduled for another SIS soon. In my case my doctor wants to check for any scarring that may have resulted from my lap last August before we do our FET. I am having thin lining issues. I would say the SIS is obviously less invasive and shows the state of your uterus via ultrasound where the hyst is minor surgery, so more invasive but shows much more clearly. Not sure why they would do this unless you have had failed FET's already? Hopefully when you speak with your doctor you will have a clearer idea of what is best for you. Good luck!

do they hysteroscopy. If there are polyps or any scar tissue it can be fixed there. If anything is seen on the sis you will be scheduled for hysteroscopy anyways. My hysteroscopy was actually cheaper than my SIS ($550 vs $800).

I'm going to have to ask the doctor what the deal is. We only went through one cycle in 2013, and it was a success. I don't get why they're saying I need to do either of them. I've been researching them, and they both sound unpleasant.

My clinic makes merepeat everythig as well. Pregnancy changes the uterus so they need to check the depth again and look around and make sure things are okay. Its pretty standard protocol. My clinic actually makes me repeat testing every 6 months :( That I feel is dumb.

Argh. I'm really hoping it'll just take one try again. I'm thankful that we have some frosties so I don't have to go through the whole retrieval process again. The first time, our clinic offered a loan, which we took out and have since paid off. Now, they no longer offer the loan. Apparently over 90% of people are in default. Thankfully FET is significantly cheaper than a fresh cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->