Site keeps closing down?

Lazy Leo

Reaction score
Hey, when I click into certain posts my internet keeps getting an error and closing down. It only seems to be this site. Anyone have any ideas?

I have been noticing that too. I thought it was just me because I have multiple sites open on my computer.

huh? where are you clicking?

tell me what you did so I can recreate the error.

All I can say is certian threads will make the IE crash. (then kind that says send error report.) Let me wrack my brain and see if I can remember a thread that made me do that consistantly the other day. Really thought it was me

https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/20376-everyone-signatures-please-read.html

Page 3 made me crash every time. But I had a second IE open. I was on Ebay.

IMO could be your PC clogged up - If mine is clogged up & I have too many windows open or open a window with a fair few images etc sometimes I have the same problem. Unless loads of people send in a enquiry about this at a constant rate to me it would be worrying but nothing until now & defo no problem our side although when I'm working & my PC is being used for uploading files etc I also can come across the same problem not always with this site.

Disc clean girls or CCleaner :D

It happens with mine too and it is a brand new PC. Only ever have one page open at a time.

Point out the page you viewed when it happened.

1 page or 10 PC still holds activity/memory.

Me & OH are on it round the clock between is so ... :|

Just this one?

Every time it does it can you post link to the page you were viewing please?

Odd!!

Only thing I can think of is Yvannes been breaking things again HA!
OH is out today so as the day goes on hopefully people can send us links and he can look into it more.

Happens to me too, Sometimes the site won't work at all, sometimes its just certain threads.. Hmm

There was a problem last week with the site opening but that should be resolved. Appears to have been resolved for anyone who reported the problem anyway & that included 2 of the mods!

Are you guys using Windows Vista? I'm at my sisters house sorting out her new computer and find that BnB freezes when using vista IE7.

Will check it out when I get home.

What operating system and browser do you use?

I use XP and Internet Explorer. This thread is working now :thumbup: Some times the pages wont load but I press refresh and it works so that dont bother me :D

I couldnt do what you do, Well done and thanks! :happydance:

xx

NeyNey's 'a little nervous' and rumpskin's 'can you help me please?' were the two causing me most of the problems last night. Another caused me problems today but can't remember which one. I am using XP and only have one internet page and my Outlook open. GLad its not just me!!!

It just happened again on my 'accessdiagnostics OPK test' thread :(

Are you guys using Windows Vista? I'm at my sisters house sorting out her new computer and find that BnB freezes when using vista IE7.

Will check it out when I get home.

What operating system and browser do you use?

Just for your information:

I use Vista, I have done for nearly a year now and have not have a problem with 'THIS' site because of it, hoewever, I do have a general problem with IE7. ie. I have a few home tabs and when I close one, the whole lot crashes and also 'skype' screws it up. x

I don't know if it helps, but I use Firefox and have not had a problem at all....

I had the issues when the site first re-opened of course, but you guys helped me through that. No problems since. - not sure if firefox has anything to do with it

:hissy: mine keeps closing too now :cry:

At the moment it is everytime I go to The Catsters journal... I get to about half way through the first post by her and it closes. I am on Windows XP on IE.

Much weirdness....

not had this happen to me.

'skype' screws it up.

The plugin that is installed into IE by default when installing Skype has caused IE to crash so many times to me that i never install Skype with the plugin's anymore.

I'll try and create a tutorial on how to install it without the plugin for those that want it, and possibly a ready-made version that doesnt install it by default too for those that want that too.

Regards
Nath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back