Sitting position

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Josh keeps sitting in this position which I know isn't right. He just won't sit in a proper position!
https://photos-a.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1916/4/46/630246145/n630246145_1683704_6324.jpg

How can I get him to sit properly? I keep sitting him properly and correcting him, but it's just pointless as he is back into this bloody position within a minute! :dohh:

Maybe he just feels more sturdy that way, because the leg going back gives him some support.
IDK, cannot really say I've seen too many babies sitting like that.
Although, it shouldn't hurt nothing. I'd just leave him to it.

it's just comfy. Mia has an awkward position she is always in as well. I have learned that babies have their own way and I don't wanna interfere with her business!! (her other leg is twisted inside her dress)

https://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8681/miaxmas018hs3.jpg

If thats the way he is comfy then I would just let him be, believe me very shortly he wont be sitting at all and you will be grateful if he will sit ANY way for more than 10 seconds!!! Lol hehehe

PS that pic is adorable xx

that pic is so cute.

jack sits like this when he goes from a crawling postiton to a sitting position. x

Hallie sits like that or in the splits ha, I try and move her but she just sits there legs wide open almost horizontal or like your boys, wouldnt worry x

yeah babies can be quite flexible , max sleeps on his belly with one arm under him at all times ...if i slept like that id be numb in 5 min

that is super cute! If it's not hurting him I think you're fine to keep letting him do it.

leeon always sits like this we call him cocky leg :rofl:

Thanks for your replies girls, I'm just wondering if sitting like this can be bad long-term... I know that some positions are best to avoid, but what about that one? ... For sure he seems to be comfortable, but wouldn't it be best for him to learn proper sitting position and posture ?

I also keep thinking about long term damage to the hip or something leeons sat like this for the past 5 months now but normally the leg infront is out strait if u get me so all his body weight is in his opposite hip?

https://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/tezzak/11122008491.jpg

littlelady : Yep Josh always sits like your gorgeous boy! I'm just wondering what it does to his muscles & bones that are growing now. I guess I'll ask his pediatrician at his next visit!

littlelady : Yep Josh always sits like your gorgeous boy! I'm just wondering what it does to his muscles & bones that are growing now. I guess I'll ask his pediatrician at his next visit!

i too wander the same if u get any answers let me no x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->