sitting..rolling...

kayjor04

Reaction score
should i be worried... or is my babe just lazy?
5months 3weeks old... and still not sitting up on her own, or rolling from belly to back...

Im not sure about the rolling, Addison is about the same age as Jordyn, and she rolled tummy to back at...just before 3 months old. But all babies are different. Addison sits up, but only for 30 seconds, and then falls over, but she is getting there. Im sure she is fine :)

I wouldnt worry... they are all different... My Oh did nothing but sleep the entire first year of his life lol!

Alot of babies are thinkers, and would rather think than do x

I wouldn't worry. Colton didn't sit unaided until just a bit after 6mo and (although he rolled back to belly at like 3mo) he didn't roll belly to back until like 7mo (he hated tummy time).

I don't think there is anything at all to worry about. They say the average age that most babys start to sit on up their own is 6months however many sit earlier and even later...i think they say if by 9months your LO can't sit up you can always talk to the GP if you have concerns.However LO has plently of time to do all that...its still early days.

As of rolling my LO rolled front to back just before he turned 5months and he only just turned back to front a few days ago...

They are all different hun and do things at different paces xx

Dont worry about it, Skye is over 6 months and has only rolled over once, I reckon it was a fluke lol, she sits unaided for a few seconds, but isnt very steady. They will do stuff in their own time, and eventually catch up :)

thanks so much everyone! i feel better haha... i like the "some babies are just thinkers.." she definetly thinks about sitting up she tried to pull her self up all the time but isnt strong enough to actually do it. Hahaha. Yeah i always found it strange that she rolled back to belly first.. She hates being on her belly, yet loves to roll onto it.... Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->