Slapped cheek

annio84

Grace's mummy
Reaction score
My little girl has a temp of 38 and rosy red cheeks. I'm worried it might be slapped cheek/parvovirus and obviously that can be a problem with me being pregnant. Should I contact out of hours doctors? Or 111? Has anyone's child ever had slapped cheek and does it sound like this? I had a scan yesterday and all was well.

Hi yes def do go to the doc asap to get the info and diagnosis confirmed.

Both my boys just had slapped cheek a few weeks ago and a teacher at their daycare is pregnant so we all worried about it. Thankfully it was fine.

Our gp confirmed slapped cheek (something w distinguishing between that and sixth disease is whether the fever comes on before or after the rash is visible Inforget which is which tbh). He also said that once they have visible symptoms they are no longer contagious. Hope it goes well and that your dd isn't feeling too poorly

I'm sorry your LO isn't feeling well, I would contact the after hours doctor and see what they say.

My girls and I all had slapped cheek / fifth disease a few years ago. I was pregnant at the time and thankfully it didn't affect the pregnancy, but it can so it's best to get checked out. Aside from the red cheeks and high temp, we all had a lacy looking (rather pretty as daft as it sounds) red rash on our bodies, it was a really distinct rash like someone draped a red doily or net curtain over us.

Hopefully it's not slapped cheek, but yes please do get it looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->