Sleep advise needed please

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Charlie used to be a great sleeper as a tiny baby, then went downhill at a few months, but for the last couple of months has been great again.

But, he has now got in a really bad habit, and we're struggling to break it.:hissy: When we put him to bed, he stands up!:dohh:If he just laid there, he would go to sleep, but he stands up, then screams.:hissy:He then goes over-tired and just won't settle.:hissy:2 hours to get him sleep last night (6.30 - 8.30), then he woke up at just gone midnight and hasn't gone back bed since!:dohh:Every time I put him into his cot awake, he just stood up and screamed the place down. That'll wake Stu and Kayleigh up, so I came downstairs with him and sat on the sofa till he fell sleep. After the 5th time of him waking up and screaming the minute I put him back into bed, I gave up and just sat on the sofa.:hissy:He's had a couple of hours on my lap, but is now wide awake. I'm sooooo tired it's untrue.:hissy: Stu's now gone work and Kayleigh's still in bed.

How do I stop him standing up in his cot? Or do I just leave him to scream and hope he'll just give up and lay down?

hugs 2 u hun, is he screamin just becaus he wants u? do u have a bedtime routine?x

We have a good bedtime routine Loop. At 6pm, it's 10 minute playtime with Daddy upstairs while I run his bath and get the bedtime stuff ready. Then it's bathtime with me and clean teeth. I get him in his pj's and then daddy gives him his bedtime bottle and then straight to bed. It was 50/50 whether he would fall sleep on his bottle, but if he's still awake, he goes bed anyway. He would usually complain loudly and cry for a minute or two, but then drift off to sleep. But now, he just stands straight up and screams till we go in. He isn't really a cryer most of the time, but last night he was crying so hard his top was wet with tears and he wouldn't calm down as he was crying so hard.:cry:

aww poor thing,couldd he be feelin bit offside or mayb teeth?

Funny thing, I've just dropped him off at nursery (I'm still suffering with my slipped disc and vertigo so he's gone there so they can look after him) and 2 of the other mums said their babies had a really bad night as well. Wonder if it's the weather?

Still need to tackle the standing up in the cot though. It's driving me nuts!

Right, I'm off to bed to try and catch up on some shut-eye!

Im having a tough time with Ella too! Its since we took her cot rails off, Iv not really got much advice but I can sympathise with the lack of sleep at the moment! All we ask for is one night of uninterrupted sleep! And like Charlie, Ella was always a good sleeper so were not used to it!

I woulds try the controlled crying with Charlie (some people dont like it but it always worked for us) Seem to remember Ella going through this phase she would stand up and scream blue murder until we picked her up, did controlled crying and it was very hard, but it only took 3 nights then she was back to normal!

good luck xxx

Im having a tough time with Ella too! Its since we took her cot rails off, Iv not really got much advice but I can sympathise with the lack of sleep at the moment! All we ask for is one night of uninterrupted sleep! And like Charlie, Ella was always a good sleeper so were not used to it!

I woulds try the controlled crying with Charlie (some people dont like it but it always worked for us) Seem to remember Ella going through this phase she would stand up and scream blue murder until we picked her up, did controlled crying and it was very hard, but it only took 3 nights then she was back to normal!

good luck xxx

i second that!

I got one last night!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

6.45pm until 5.30am!!! :happydance:

YAY did you do anything different ? or do you think it was becuase it was cooler ? my turn tonight then (mm wishful thinking)

Nothing different at all hun. Only thing was that he fell sleep having his bottle, so went bed asleep. But he didn't wake once.:happydance:

it was my turn last night woohoo! well she woke once crying but I lay her down and she went straight back to sleep! did you have a good night last night ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->