Sleep deprivation and annoying fiance don't mix!

sarahsexy57

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't done one of these in a while but thought I needed to vent my anger out on here rather than my fiancé!
Our little girl is 5 months old, we both love her very much but she doesn't sleep, which means no sleep for mummy. My partner is very old fashioned, he goes to work so when he gets home housework should be done and food cooking, that was fine before we had a baby, now I can seem to do anything other than look after her. (Which isn't an excuse, I really feel I can't leave her!). Anyway, last night I really felt I needed a break from it all so his parents had our daughter for the night, it felt weird, I felt lost. But to be honest I was glad of the potential lie in, in the morning!

It was 0430 my partners first alarm went off for work.... Every 2 minutes it has been going off for and it is now 06:47... I stormed out of the bed stomped downstairs. I was really angry! I felt this my my only chance of ever having a lie in and he goes and ruins in with his endless amount of alarms. It's ok for him as he works shifts, he doesn't get up with the baby and he gets to sleep when he comes home when he is on earlies and lie ins when he's on lates.
6-2 early
1-9 late

I really do understand that not everyone gets the luxury of being able to let there kids go to family or friends but I felt if I didn't i would loose it!! My hair is already falling out. I just wanted some sleep.

Am I right to be angry?

Have you thought of trying a sling for during the day so you can keep her close and settled but still be mobile.

That's some snooze on the alarm! How annoying not to get a lie in. Maybe go for a nap instead while he's at work and the kids are away.

Tell me about it! He seems to think he is entitled to a lie in because he works... I don't think he realises I work 24/7. I'm not complaining mind you, my daughter is the most precious gift I wouldn't change being a mother for the world. I just need sleep!!! She wants to be standing constantly so I have got her a door bouncer but will only use that a few minutes at a time. If I'm holding her she will stand for ages and cries when I put her down!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->