Sleep Positions

Simeon tends to prefer his side, during the day when I am with him, I put him on his side as he settles more, but last thing at night when he goes to bed and I am downstairs, he goes on his back - he neevr stays how I put him anyway :D

I put Harry to sleep on his back at night.... because over here, that's what we're advised to do to reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome. However, during the day if he's just napping, sometimes he prefers to be slightly tilted on his side which I do do occasionally... but only if he is acting up and it makes him feel more cuddled up etc.

I used to put Savannah to sleep on her back, now she rolls sraight onto her front. When she was a newborn we would put her on her side as she had a stuffy nose.

I always put her on her back buyt now sh can move about she prefers her side- doesnt like it if she goes all the way over though!

Jack is put down on his back but usually ends up on his front :)

I dont like being told how i should put my own child to bed.
HV dont have look after your child etc etc.
Amber would not sleep/settle or anything lying on her back.
In end she slept on her stomach, it worked.
Im happy to do it again for the next :)

I put Harley on his side with blankets rolled up either side, i worry to much when he's on his back as he's a sicky baby and i worry he'd choke on it.

I lay Elyse down on her back. Sometimes she rolls onto her side already though, and she always turns her head to the side. That's out of my control though, I can't very well stop that from happening as they tell you not to prop anything up around them either, so I don't stress out about it.

I let her sleep on her stomach if I'm supervising her, ie: if she's laying on the couch and I'm sitting right beside her, because I know it's a more comfortable position for her.. because when she's having "tummy time" she sometimes gets stuck face down? Which is scary for me!!

Danny absolutely refused to be put on his back. He would scream through diaper changes, would scream if I tried to put him in his sling, and wouldn't stop screaming if I tried to put him to sleep on his back. The second I put him on his stomach he'd fall asleep. Almost literally. Even now if he rolls onto his back he'll wake up screaming. I spent a week not sleeping at night making sure he was ok on his tummy. Doctors/Ads make you feel like your child will die if you put them to sleep in any other position but on their back. It made me scared to death to do what my gut was telling me was right.

I put Emm on her back until she was about 6 months and then on her side as she seemed to fall asleep more easily in that position. Now she's just turned one and her favourite position is on all fours!!!!

i tried to put luisa down on her back as per guidelines but she naturally rolls to her side before you can tuck her in lol!

now we wrap her up in like a swaddle something they tell you not to do! but so her arms are free lay her on her side and then tuck sheet in either side over her quite firm so she cant roll..

she has been a sicky baby recently so its been better..

we also have a breathing monitor tht goes under the matress so it would alarm should anything happen...

if i have her in the bed she lays on her back or on her front on my chest...

max never slept on his back he hate it lol he loved being on his side ..my doctor said ti was because he was breech and was used to it

Erin has always slept on her back and still does (probably because she has never learnt to roll over!!!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->