sleep problems. help!

T

tinytoes

so it seems that since my LO has either been on solids or since he really started teething (I cant decide which, they both happened at the same time) his sleeping has gone right out of the window. This was about 6 weeks ago. He goes to bed at 7 and sleeps great for about 5 hours but after midnight he's awake wanting comfort or milk alomost every hour until it's time to get up at 5 or 6!! I'm exhausted.
We've been going to bed at 7 too for the last few nights just so we can get some decent sleep, but it doesnt leave much time for a life!!

Any ideas how I can convince him to sleep through?
Maybe it's time to stop night feeds altogether?

yaaaaaawn

At 6 months, he shouldn't need to eat through the night I believe. I asked my dr this same question this week when my LO got weighed. He said at her weight and for how much she'll eat at a sitting (13.9 lbs and will eat 4-6 oz in one sitting) she can definitely go from 11-7 but probably not longer. He suggested cutting out the other feeds to break her of the habit, but giving her a dream feed around 10-11 to help her get through the night. We started this and the first few nights she was up for a long time waiting for her food, but I just hung out with her, no feed (offered her water though instead). Now she's still waking up once a night but she'll go back to sleep without a feed within 15 or so minutes. We only started doing this a few nights ago, so it's been a big help! Hoping she'll get over waking up at all soon.

i posted a similar thread about this in the weaning section......since i have been weaning ali he has become rather fussy (not sleeping so well, not liking his cot!!!!). all rather unusual for him. i tried giving him smaller amounts of food and not feeding him after 6pm and it seems to have worked, cos the past 2 nights he has slept right through from 9pm to 7am. he is teething also so not sure if his teeth are about to cut through.......

i offer water during the night in case he is thristy......

i posted a similar thread about this in the weaning section......since i have been weaning ali he has become rather fussy (not sleeping so well, not liking his cot!!!!). all rather unusual for him. i tried giving him smaller amounts of food and not feeding him after 6pm and it seems to have worked, cos the past 2 nights he has slept right through from 9pm to 7am. he is teething also so not sure if his teeth are about to cut through.......

i offer water during the night in case he is thristy......

ooh i see. funny thing is i just saw our doc for LOs jabs so asked about his sleep issues adn she sad to feed him more, and later!! hahah. Will try it tonight and see.....but having read your advice i'm nervous i'm in for anb even worse night tonight!!!

Ruby is the same and always used to sleep through the night but now wakes 2-3 times a night. Ive put it down to her age and teething xx

Following what Christine33 said, the dr told me to feed her her last feed around 6 too, and then she would eat more at the 10-11 feed so sleep longer. It has seemed to help as she used to always be unsettled from about 7:30-10 and would wake every now and again.

possibly he was waking up for other reasons as he is sleeping again. maybe it was what i was feeding him.....not sure. hopefully teddy will sleep again soon :happydance:

If your baby is teething that could keep them up at night. Whenever Hunter teeths he gets up a lot, it hurts him. Your baby could also be going through a growth spurt, and sometimes that can bring on some pains or make them more hungry. Changes in the bedtime routine could also make them get up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->