Sleep regression question

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Hello loves

For those of you that have been through a sleep regression - Did/do your LOs call out/cry for you when they wake?

The past few nights Fin has woken up a few times in the night but not called for me. He's a very impatient little man so trust me, if he wants me or wants something he sure lets us know. I've woken to use the loo (or because he's woken me) and he's been just chattering/cooing away happily to himself and then falls back asleep.

I don't go in to him because he's clearly happy being left to it so my sleep isn't being affected really.

Could this be the regression? He's hit all other growth spurts/milestones early so I'd be expecting it about now.

I ask because I've been dreading it since he STTN so would love to know if this is it and I can stop dreading it lol xx

My LO didn't cry at night, I could judt hear him on the monitor talking away to himself very loudly. That could go on for ages but he would finally get really frustrated so I'd have to go and get him, when he saw either myself or DH he would smile and laugh, just wanting fun. I think (hope more like) he's coming out of it now after about 4 weeks :wacko:

I think mine is going thru something similar at the moment, cos he has now taken to waking up around 1am and just start playing by himself, he bounces himself and bang on the side of the cot which makes a racket [reminds me to move the cot away from the wall a little], i think he's doing this to turn his mobile on, which hes been pretty successful with so far!
He doesnt cry or moan but just plays til he tires himself out.
I dont peer into his cot cos when he see's me he then will start to whinge, which i dont need at 1am!
Anyway, in answer to your question, i reckon it is sleep regression, but he's just being very kind to his mummy by doing it quietly :rofl:

Brodie is doing the same thing playing and cooing-but giving a wee cat like wale after but by the time i sit up and look in his cot hes sleeping again!(his cot is right next to me)

Most of the time Eva just chatted to herself so I left her to it and she soon went off again, although she was pretty loud so I started turning the monitor down at night else it would wake hubby up and he has early starts.
The regression went on for about 3 weeks in the end.

we missed the 4mth one but we hit the 6mth one early at 5.5mths and she did the same - couple of hours of chatting.
she didnt need anything and eventually re-settled after a moan.
took us 6 weeks to get out the otherside x

Sounds like sleep regression! Charlie sometimes cried but also sometimes just lay talking to himself when he didnt want anything :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->