Sleep sack alternatives?

Starlight32

Reaction score
My baby has been sleeping in a sleep sack since we came home from the hospital. I think it really helps her sleep better. I read that a sleep sack shouldn't be used when a baby can roll over. She's almost 3 months and starting to roll to the side. Does anyone know of a sleep sack alternative?

Can you post a picture? Is it a sleeping bag? Never heard of them bring unsafe past 3 months, I've seen babies from newborn to toddlerhood in sleeping bags. My son used one till he was 2.

I agree, need to see a picture. Do you mean a swaddle? Those cant be used once they can roll, but sleep sacks can be used long term. Dd is still in one at nearly 13 months. She can roll, walk around, etc.

My LO is still in a sleep sack, I don't think any of us would get any sleep if she wasn't in one because the sack keeps her from being able to pull herself up to standing in the crib. Swaddles aren't supposed to be used after they can roll over, but sleep sacks are fine.

Are sleep sacks sleeping bags? If so my eldest had one until she was about two!

Hi all, this is what I mean

https://www.halosleep.com/sleepsack/

They can wear those when they roll over. You just have to make sure it's a size that fits so it isn't huge on her and she won't get caught. DD wears a halo sleepsack at almost 13 months. Has since at least 6 months. She rolls over, stands up, walks around. No issues. They can be worn for years without an issue.

Those are fine. They make them up to about 3 years, I think. What they shouldn't be in past when they can roll is a swaddle bag, basically something that traps their arms inside and rolls them up like a burrito. If your LO's arms are free, then they are safe to use. We used ours until 18 months.

These are fine! I would say the baby in the picture advertising them is old enough to roll!

My son used these until he was about 1 (he then moved to duvet) and they make them for 3 year olds (I think someone else mentioned that!)
I have some for my daughter but she doesn't like them :dohh:

My daughters almost 6 months and sleeps in one of them... They make them upto to about 3 years? I think! Perfectly safe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->