Sleep Sack Question

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by sun, Dec 11, 2009.

1. sun

sun Mum of 3

I have a few sleep sacs - they are really big though - like 0-6 months so are huge. I am worried they will ride up over buns face. Also - since they fasten around like a vest, what can I do to keep his arms/hands warm??? I have scratch mitts but he gets them off in a hurry. His hands get soooo cold though - it must be uncomfortable!
    xx

2. history_girls

history_girls Mummy to 2 Girlies

My LO has been in them since two weeks old. She has never wriggled down them and to keep her arms warm she wears a long sleeve vest under her sleepsuit! (Only found long sleeve vests in Asda and mothercare!). They were brilliant for getting her to sleep in her crib.

3. sparkle_1979

sparkle_1979 Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009

I was also worried about this but they are made to not ride over babies head, also there should be a min weight on them. Ruby has one that's 0-6 mths and the min weight is 7lbs, she is 9.6 now and yes it looks huge but she is safe and sleeps well, I just tuck whats left under her as this makes me feel safer. As for keeping hands warm, I think most babies hands feel cold, but as long as they have a warm tummy they are fine. I just use a fleece body suit and a 1 tog bag, our room is pretty warn though. x

4. // arcadia

// arcadia <icecream>

Before i got a /sleepbagbabygrow thing .. i used to use a sleep sack and never had any problems with it, they are safe :) .. also scratch mitts would come off .. socks work really well though :p