sleep training

mickey

Reaction score
when are they able to fall asleep without being on the breast, being walked around or being rocked in the sling, but by singing a nursery rhyme or reading sth to them?

would be great to know 'bout your experiences, guys :hi:

thx

Caitlin just goes to sleep on her own tbh sometimes wants the bouncer tapped up and down but thats all really. She likes her cuddles & looking around but thats when shes wide awake rather than needing cuddles and walked/danced with/held to fall asleep.

I feel mean! With my last 3 babies I would feed them, rock them and then put them in cot to fall asleep on their own, usually with mobile playing. I rarely waited for them to fall asleep before putting them into their cot

Thats not mean. Caitlin loves lying on her own cooo'ing away to herself - hearing her own voice box lol

I also put her in her swings with lights and music!

https://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:0VSXh5ZiOMDpcM:https://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/4705028%3F%24large_img%24

I've never rocked mine to sleep (impossible with two really) and they've always been fine. I only realised other people did that when a friend of mine said "it must be hard rocking two to sleep." Ummm.... :blush:

TBH I feel that I've avoided making a rod for my own back that way anyway.

Yeah Olivia goes on her own accord too. When its time for bed I put her in her moses basket & she coo's away to her self.

But ive not got the problem where Olivia wont sleep on a night, She loves her nights sleep and sleeps from around 10pm right through until about 8am now a days.

She fell asleep watching the skate off for Dancing on Ice tonight & still asleep, I think its because we have had a busy hectic weekend so im going to wake her for a feed as I dont want her to miss one and then hopefully its lights out.

x

tyler puts himself to sleep as well i just wrap him up and put him down and he does it all himself. you just need to set a routine after feed burp and nappy lay her down nd encourage her to settle herself if she gets to upset pick her up till shes calm then try again it may take a while but she will get the idea.

hmmm, apparently the night is not the problem.

I change the nappy before I put her on for her last feed at night, and at around 11 pm she is off to wonderland. then I wrap her and put her in the cot, were she sleeps until 8 am in the morning with one feed in between.

so, this isn't really the problem!

the problem is, that @ daytime she won't go to sleep without help! she seems not to be able to go to sleep on her own and she would be tired, rubbing her eyes and starting to complain!

then, I always help her to go to sleep, but as well I never tried to leave her on her own!

I start to wonder, why sleeping is so difficult for her @ daytime?

Ahhhh my woman is starting to come out of her day time naps! She likes sitting up in her chair, cooo'ing and generally happy but she does get a bit bored and tired but won't sleep either.

Think it will get easier when they are able to pay that lil bit more attention to toys! I mean Caitlin just glares at you oddly when you play with her toy bar on bouncer or swings atm lol

I also thought it will improve when she starts to play with her toys, what she does now.

she grasps after them and recognises, they make sound when she touches them!

but she gets tired very quickly, starts to complain and if I do not come to help her she ends up very frustrated!

I think that they fight sleep during the day. They are like sponges and want to soak up everything around them. I always resort to rocking and singing.

I'm not sure I've got any great tips, but it does get easier the older they get despite them sleeping less. It's like all these things though and sorta creeps up on you IYKWIM! Wobbles is right the more they can play and also the more they move the more tired they get so the easier it is to get them to take naps during the day.

I used to go for a lot of walks to encourage mine to sleep in the day and to give me a breather. I found that they didn't really have any routine to naps and would just drop off on the playmat whenever they felt like it. That makes them sound all angelic, but they would usually build to a crabby and frustrated crescendo first! :lol:

Now they have two (ish) naps a day at more or less the same time every day. I say "ish" because one is immediately after their first feed in the morning so it's more like a continuation of night time really. The other is after their lunch for about an hour.

lol, the comparison with the sponge is good :baby: :baby: :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->