Sleep Transition

NoodleHelm

Reaction score
Since Hudson was born, and against my better judgement, he has been sleeping in a rock and play. It is the ONLY place he will sleep at home, other than he always falls asleep on his tummy time mat.

The RnP has contributed to some head flattening (he will be 4 months on 8/19) and we really need to get him in his crib. I'm not ready for him to not be in another room, so I decided to try the pack and play beside the bed. We can put him in it when he is completely asleep, and he will wake up screaming.

Last night, I put a towel under the sheet in a U shape to help snuggle against his body to mimick what he may feel in the RnP.. It worked for about 2 hours and then he woke up screaming again. He has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks.

Any ideas to help transition him? I had to go back to work a few weeks ago, and he sleeps in a crib at daycare. He does just fine in the crib there.. I'm assuming it is because we set up his sleep routine to be in the RnP. Yikes!

Please help, mamas! :shrug:

would something like a babymoov sleep positioner help. My lo sleeps on one and loves it

My DD slept in a Rock and Play until about 3 months. We then transitioned her to a bassinet. She had no trouble with that transition. Maybe the confined space helped. But she was able to sleep laying flat with no problem. We did transition over time by putting her in the bassinet during naps to introduce it. Now, she is in a crib after a week and is doing well. Idk if you have a bassinet, but it is a smaller space than a crib or pack and play so maybe that could be more comforting to him.

We also had to transition from rock and play to pack n play and it wasn't easy, but overtime he got used to it. Maybe it won't work right away but just give it time and keep trying, some days I gave up and let him sleep in the rock n play, but most days I let him sleep in the pack n play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->