Sleep walking

Ashbwin

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with his?

My 7yr old SS has always had issues with crying, screaming,and talking in his sleep, that hasent really bothered me since my husband talks like crazy in his sleep too. As for the sleep walking, about a week ago I was laying in bed but not really asleep yet and I heard him walking around his room, I waited for him to come out thinking he had to use the restroom or needed someng, but when he came out he walked right past the bed and went to the livingroom door and stood there. After a few mintues of standing in the doorway he walked back to his room and turned on the light, walked around in there for a few minutes, then went back to the livingroom and layed on the couch. I had hubby go carry him back to bed and he stayed the rest of the night. I didnt think much of it at the time because it was the first time, we just thought it was funny. A couple nights later I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up my husband told me that my SS had walked into the the livingroom and was standing over the back of the couch starring at me (a little too horror film for me lol) and when he tried to get his attention he just kept looking up at him and then back down at me, hubby put him to bed and then we didnt hear from him again the rest of the night.

Im really hoping that this is just a phase because Im worried that he will get himself hurt in the middle of the night while we are sleeping, or that he will pick up the baby when she comes.

I used to sleepwalk when I was younger; I also had sleep terrors, where you have a vivid dream and wake up screaming inconsolably. just be thankful you don't need to deal with that :haha: it's important not to wake a sleepwalker when they're on the move; because if they wake during it they will be confused, disorientated and will probably get upset because they don't understand what's happening. The best thing you can do is talk softly, try to keep him safe and try to get them back into their bed. Kids usually grow out of it but I would sleepwalk for a few years; not often but it would happen occasionally. It's important to remember that sleepwalkers are often able to do most things they can do in waking hours; I once opened the front door and walked outside. Make sure you put the latch and chain on the door after bedtime if you have one. The last thing you want is for him to wander out onto the street

I used to sleepwalk too when I was young, and I had night terrors as well. My poor parents had to put up with it for a few years. I even went into the hospital and stayed overnight for a sleep study to try and figure out what (if anything) was wrong. Nothing useful came of that. Most kids grow out of it. I do agree with the above, make sure all doors are locked so he can't wander around outside and avoid waking him if possible.

My son went thru a sleep walking phase, he peed on our wall and trash can thinking it was the tolet. The really scary part was when he was cutting up a apple! I hid the knives. He did out grow it! Thank God!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->