Sleep

Layla

Reaction score
How do you put your babies down to sleep

Cot death rules say always on there backs but is there anyone here that does different?

x

Kaya always sleeps on her side, if we put her on her back she rolls over to her side. In bed we both sleep facing each other, it makes feeding in bed really easy :)

i put mine to sleep on her side coz sometimes shes sick and im scared of her choking if she is sick while i am asleep

Caitlin lies on her back although we have found her on her side :shock: Scares me!

We've ALWAYS laid Mia on her back and swaddled her in her blanket and put her in her moses basket (until the previous two nights - where she has slept like a diamond in her cot without being swaddled!).

I'm more concerned about her rolling onto her front and not being able to breathe than the sick thing.

Izz is always put on her back, shes never like that when we wake her, or she wakes, but thats how we put her, always have done, she snuggled up in blankets and then sleeps on her back, now we put her at the bottom end on her back with a blanket tucket around her and jammies on, find her about 2 hrs later at the top end, upside down or spun round, jammie pants by her knees and no blanket :roll: lil miss fidget!

Adam only seems to settle if he is laying face down on our chest, my sister slept her baby on her tummy but im to scared to do it.

Last night he co slept in with us on his back and he slept fine, so i think this is prob the way to go, Coby came in half way through teh night too, 4 in the bed and the little one said roll over roll over!.... lol

x

been to see little Kabey, and the way theyve placd him in hospitl is belly down, i dont know anymore lol

we put Coby back in his bed as soon as he was asleep, 4 of us in a bed is not good lol, i need space!

x

Id love a queen bed! they look soo nice, we have a king at teh mo and its no where near big enough lol

x

Ella was always put to bed on her back in her moses basket or cot, we were so worried about co-sleeping with her (I didn't realise it was ok!). Alex used to sleep in with us and after his first wake-up he would only settle if he was on his belly in bed with us, how things had changed!!

We always propped Alfie up a little on his side so he was just at an angle as he was a bit sicky initially. x

Adam only seems to settle if he is laying face down on our chest, my sister slept her baby on her tummy but im to scared to do it.

Last night he co slept in with us on his back and he slept fine, so i think this is prob the way to go, Coby came in half way through teh night too, 4 in the bed and the little one said roll over roll over!.... lol

x

rhys has always always slept on his tummy, since he was two days old. when we co sleep he settles fine on his back though

Id love a queen bed! they look soo nice, we have a king at teh mo and its no where near big enough lol

x

We have a huge 6ft 6" wide bed, and Alfie sleeps in that with us now......although not for too much longer, Paul reckons he is going to get the nursery done! But I am not holding my breath! x

Jackson was always put to sleep on his back then at around 3 mons we started to put him on his sides as his head was getting flat on one side so we were told to start agressively changing sides etc then at 6mons or so he started sleeping on his belly - he rolled himself over that way and thats the way he has slept since then :o)

We've always put Bethanie down on her back, but she ends up on her sides now or on her front with her head to the side. Shes over a year old, but I still get up to check her a few times in the night! They did the same with putting her on her front when she was in SCBU - I suppose that was because she was vomiting a fair bit but they were there to keep an eye on her all night, it's not so easy to do that when you're asleep. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->