Sleep!!!

ashleynd

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been having trouble sleeping and I've tried tylenol pm, melatonin, and a few other tricks but I still can't sleep. My doctor is recommending cognitive behavioral therapy to help with my insomnia, but I'm not sure that it's going to help. I've got a few sessions and I feel like I'm wasting my time. I've always had some kind of sleep issue, but it's worse now that I cannot take regular sleep meds. I'm currently on a muscle relaxer to help get me to sleep, but I still wake up at night. My doctor said if I'm still not sleeping in my second trimester, we could try an occasional ambien. I've heard horror stories about ambien, so I'm nervous about that.

Has anyone had this issue? What helped you? How do you feel about CBT? Has amyone had experience with ambien?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

No solutions for you, I just hope you get some rest soon!

I have had issues on and off with waking up in the middle of the night. I lay there with my eyes closed and try and shut my mind off to go back to sleep. I'm not sure if I actually am fully asleep or not but at least I rest somewhat.

Sorry, I have no experience with this :( I too have heard horror stories of ambien.

I know it's long shot that you've probably already tried but warm bath? Or perhaps a message to help remove tension and let you relax more?

My sister had success with acupuncture when she was having recurrent sleep issues. But from the sounds of it the weren't as bad as yours.

I hope you get a solution.

My doctor is letting me stay on my sleep aid called amitriptyline. Ask your Dr about it, for me personally it's a God send. I can't stay asleep, I've been taking it for a year. Good luck

Thanks ladies! I don't really feel like therapy is a great option, because it never really helped in the past. My bf is recommending I get prenatal massages when we can afford them. My biggest problem is that I can't shut my mind off. I'm just frustrated and want to sleep!

ME! Cosleeping with my breastfeeding toddler is not helping. Since about 4 days before I found out I was pregnant, he started waking a lot in the night. I don't know if there is a connection, but I used to just be able to nurse him back to sleep and go right back myself. Now I lay awake for an hour or more after, usually by then he's stirred and woken again. Last night was HORRIBLE. I woke up around 3-ish, he did too. He nursed until 3:30. I tried to go to sleep, couldn't, then he popped back up for more milk. I didn't get back to sleep until around 4:30, and I wake up at 6! I had this when I was pregnant with DS too, unfortunately. But now it's not just me, I have a toddler.

I'm staring to think it's more worry and more pregnancy related than a problem with me. Before I was pregnant I slept well all the time with an occasional restless night. I was also on trazodone for my insomnia, so maybe it's just the fact I don't have that sleep aid anymore and I can't get comfortable either.
Best of luck with your toddler! Maybe your trouble is being aware of your toddler and being pregnant that causes you to wake up and stay awake. Sometimes my mind won't shut off if I wake up in the night because I'm aware of my surroundings and what I have on my plate for the next day.

I usually wake up in the middle of the night and it takes me about an hour to fall back asleep. I usually have no problem falling asleep.. it's the staying asleep part.

I usually wake up in the middle of the night and it takes me about an hour to fall back asleep. I usually have no problem falling asleep.. it's the staying asleep part.

How do you get back to sleep though? I can't seem to get myself back to sleep.

This might sound stupid, but when I wake up at night and can't turn the thinking off. I sing "99 bottles of beer" to myself and it actually works. I think I've only made it to 1 bottle of beer once lol...so I started counting again. Once I focus on the song and not the to do list or what ifs with the baby I manage to get back to sleep...

Hope this can help?

I usually turn on CNN, close my eyes and just listen to the tv.. I eventually drift back to sleep. Counting backwards from 200 helps me sometimes too.

I am dragging today though.

This might sound stupid, but when I wake up at night and can't turn the thinking off. I sing "99 bottles of beer" to myself and it actually works. I think I've only made it to 1 bottle of beer once lol...so I started counting again. Once I focus on the song and not the to do list or what ifs with the baby I manage to get back to sleep...

Hope this can help?

That doesn't sound silly at all! I'm gonna try something similar like counting my breathing or something. I tried meditiation to relax, but I can't get into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->