sleeping along.... am I bad?

sesame

Pregnant - due October 1
Reaction score
After a couple weeks of flipping/flopping and waking every hour during the night both my hubby and I were getting tired and grumpy.... finally last night he slept on the sofa.... I had the most fabulous sleep, surrounded by pillows, stretched across the bed...

Anyone else who has found pleasure in sleeping alone???? and secretly hopes their partner continues to sleep on the sofa?

-Sesame

Not quite but my hubby does get up a lot earlier then me as he starts work really early and the couple of hours extra sleep i get without him being in bed is bliss all the extra room and pillows is heaven, not that i would ever admit that to him.

Me! Me! Me!

I sleep better alone at the moment.... But you can't get my DH out of our bed with the stick!:hissy:
So have to endure:rofl:
I just sometimes am ready to kill him when I have to get up 99 times a night for various reasons (heartburn, needing a wee, pins and needles, nightmares and all other joys of pregnancy) and he is just sleeping there and snoring and doesn't have a care in the world!

Oh yes, much better sleep when he isnt there, he also gets up earlier than me and I love the extra time without the snoring etc. Thing is, I tell him,he he he

yup i sleep loads better on my own, my OH snores like a bear with a cold and is forever waking me up in the night!

me to, and i feel awfull about it...cos he works offshore and i miss him so much, but have to admit i struggle to sleep well when he is here xx

:rofl: I've been sleeping on the couch lately cuz our bed is just too firm for me to rest comfortably, even though my sweetie dragged the futon mattress from the guest room onto our bed! And it's Heaven! ha! Then usually, after he gets up to go to work and wakes me to say goodbye, I go upstairs and have some lovely cuddle time with all our pillows and my sweet little pug! I usually find it so difficult to get comfortable, and toss and turn all night long...

i know what you mean sesame! i have the bed to myself most nights and LOVE it. then again, am i still alone even though the 2 cats sleep on the bed with me?! :rofl:

my OH does 6 on 4 off shift and 2 of those nights he isnt in the bed I sleep better. in fact I am starting to resent the covers coming off me on the other days! grrrrrrrr.. so I got myself some extra bedding! quilted fleece throw and a few extra pillows. mmmmmmm

My husband just likes to steal all the covers and stretch himself across the bed, so I too end up sleeping in the fetal position. Is like bonding for me and LO...

I love sleeping alone - my husband gets up really early for work and I love having the bed to myself. Since pregnancy I have found I am a really light sleeper and his snoring wakes me up more than a few times during the night. if we had our own place I would defo sggest he takes himself to the spare room or the couch but in our current circumstances not possible.

I love the cuddles and hugs before bed but afterwards I just want the bed to myself to toss and turn and get comfortable.:blush:

After a couple weeks of flipping/flopping and waking every hour during the night both my hubby and I were getting tired and grumpy.... finally last night he slept on the sofa.... I had the most fabulous sleep, surrounded by pillows, stretched across the bed...

Anyone else who has found pleasure in sleeping alone???? and secretly hopes their partner continues to sleep on the sofa?

-Sesame

:lol:

I am struggling to sleep and the slightest noise, like Paul snoring :hissy: drives me mad, but he is out of bed by 4am so I get 4hrs to myself, it is bliss! x

OMG my bf snores when he lies on his back so i have to constantly push him to roll over. I literally wait for the time the alarm goes off at 4am so he gets up to leave and i can be comfy haha. I have a queen size bed i never thought i would want one bigger

Oh yes! We have a double bed but the first thing I made hubby buy when we moved in together was a kingsize quilt because he kept stealing it in the night. Now there's loads of pillowy soft quilt to go around, and when hubby goes to work I can stay in bed for a few extra hours and lie diagonally across all the pillows... heaven!

It's a bit different in our house - I'd quite like us to sleep separately sometimes, but it's not me who has the problems with him, it's him who has problems with me. :(

As far as I'm concerned, he is fine, he rarely snores (the occasional snuffle that only bugs if I can't sleep, it doesn't wake me up) and our bed is big enough that I sleep the same whether he's in it or not (I hate being crowded so I bought the biggest bed I could afford). But I seem to disturb him, and it's the root cause of most of our rows. I often take ages to get to sleep, no matter how tired I am, and so I go on my laptop, usually watching tv shows on You Tube (with earphones) and mostly he sleeps through but sometimes will stir and accuse me of keeping him awake!! As though he hadn't BEEN sleeping soundly! I am also quite fidgety at night, I toss and turn often, and he hates it.

I would stay up till I was ready to go to sleep but bed is so comfy and lovely... we just need two of them.

God knows how he'll cope when we have a baby screaching in the night and me up and down feeding, etc, if he cannot cope with the dim light of my laptop...

*praying*

I don't know how we would manage without our king size bed. When we had a queen I would make him stay in the guest bedroom some nights espically if he had beer to drink.

I'm just a meanie in comparsion... my OH has been sleeping on a single mattress on the floor for most of this year! Over the Christmas period we both had colds and kept each other awake so were in seperate rooms and then when I got pregnant and needed more pillows there wasn't enough room for him.

Finally in the same room but he's still on the mattress on the floor :)

My dad accidentally booked us a twin room for our wedding night but neither of us mind coz we sleep so much better! We are looking for a hotel with a kingsize bed for the honeymoon tho :)

We have always had problems as I am a super-light sleeper and my hubby is a BAD snorer, so it used to cause a lot of night time arguments for us. In fact it was the only time we ever argued, so after years of poking him in the back, he moved into the 3rd bedroom a year ago.

We have never been happier!

I know it sounds weird, but we both get a great nights sleep every night, and we have not had any rows since he moved.

The bad news is the 3rd bedroom is gonna be the new babys room, so he will have to come back to our bed when he/she is born. He is looking forward to it, I am dreading it. I just know we will start arguing again, and the lack of sleep will start effecting me again.

Need a 4 bedroom house!!!

It isn't so bad for the two of us but I fear the body pillow is taking up a lot of the bed space but I can't sleep without it now. :rofl:

Yeah me too!!! My hubby slept in the spare room last night and I had the best sleep I've had in MONTHS!!!

He said it was for one nigth only though and I felt too guilty to ask him if it could be a long term solution!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->