sleeping arrangements

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I have 2 girls. We are soon moving to a new house ( still 2 bedroom but 2nd room is much bigger and plenty of room)

My eldest is 4yrs old, she sleeps well. From 8pm till 7.30am.

They will need to eventually share a room but I don't know whether to wait till my baby grows up and is in a proper bed or just to put her cot in there at 6months when we move.

Does anyone else's 4yr old and baby have to share?

My 4 year old started sharing with his brother when he turned 1 :) I no it's a slight difference in age from yours but quite a few people do keep LO in their room til that age anyway. I had a cot bed so when I moved lO into the same room I converted it to the bed and he took to it straight away. My children are now 5 and 2 and since Xmas we desperately needed more toy space in their room so have got them bunk beds and they live it :) so it's worked out pretty well for us x

I don't have personal experience (as our kids are 14yrs apart and don't share a room)- but I think you just gotta gage what is best for your kids. Might actually be good to get them used to sharing earlier on? If your LO sleeps through- and your oldest will know to be quiet while going to bed etc... but if your LO still wakes at all, maybe better to wait till she's a bit older? I think there are just factors to consider, then do what makes the most sense for your kiddos.

I have a 12 yr old and 15 yr old girl who are sharing a room. I have a 23 month old little boy and one on the way. The 2 youngest are going to be sharing a room also. I am going to keep the little one in my room for a while though so he/she is not waking my 2 year old up during the night. Plus I really like to have them right next to me for about the first year. I am also buying an air mattress to keep in the the closet, because sometimes my 2 year old wants someone to sleep with him when he is having a rough night. This way at least one of us can throw it on the floor and keep him company on those nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->