Sleeping at 10 weeks?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Just having a conversation with someone about Brookes sleeping and they asked what she was like at night so i told them ...

she goes from 9/10pm until 4/5am then back to sleep until 8ish but odd days will sleep in until 10am. bearing in mind she has her bedtime bottle at 7.30/8pm (if she takes one later she doesnt sleep as long, dont know why lol)

And they said - is that it? :hissy:

I thought that was pretty good for a 10 week old? Am i wrong and its not? Do/did you LO's sleep like that at 10 weeks or am i waaay off the mark? Im paranoid now lol

Tolly is about the same age as Brooke and she is really ready for bed at 5.30!!!! I try and keep her up longer but by 6 she is normally asleep! She sleeps until about 12 and has a bottle and then sleeps again till about 5, then wakes for the day at 7. Sometimes she will sleep all the way until 2am with only one feed but not the norm. I consider her night time pattern as brilliant.....BUT.... she doesnt sleep in the day. She gets really tired and goes to sleep quickly but only has 5-10 minutes a time.

That's good I'd say.. Tom was still doing 2-3 then :)

Oscar feeds every 3 hours night or day. He naps for about 45 minutes twice a day. Catnaps here and there sometimes but not always. He goes to sleep around 11pm and sleeps between feeds until 8 or 9ish. He seems fine but I am knackered! I think there is a broad range of what is normal at this age and it depends on the baby. Some are sleepy boos and some are little party animals.

During the day Brooke will probably spend a total of 3 hours napping aswell :)

That's really good for her age imo

ya I agree that is good for her age!

IMO she is doing really well! Was the person who said it a parent??

Every child is different, but you are definitly on the good end of the scale with her sleeping that long!

Niamh usually goes 10/11pm-8am then goes back down until 9:30am after a quick BFing session. Saying that, she's still up just now!

It's very similar to Lexie's nights. She goes to bed at 9pm after having her 8pm bottle. Then wakes at 4-5ish for a bottle. Then goes back to sleep until 8am. :)

I thought it was good, lol.

IMO she is doing really well! Was the person who said it a parent??
Every child is different, but you are definitly on the good end of the scale with her sleeping that long!

Niamh usually goes 10/11pm-8am then goes back down until 9:30am after a quick BFing session. Saying that, she's still up just now!

Yeap they have an 18 week old baby :hissy:

Thats dead good for her age Ellie was doing the same she goes longer now but not all the time. My friends baby is 25 weeks and she still gets up 4 -5 times in the night!! She sounds like shes doing really well and she naps in the day good too.

I think its brilliant how well she sleeps,Harry feeds ever 3 hours day and night, he does go back to sleep after his feed in thenight but that doesnt make it any less tiring!!!
I think it sounds like Brooke sleeps really well and i wouldnt worry.
I dont thinktheres any right or wrong when it comes to sleeping as every child is different and different children need different amounts of sleep x

Just having a conversation with someone about Brookes sleeping and they asked what she was like at night so i told them ...

she goes from 9/10pm until 4/5am then back to sleep until 8ish but odd days will sleep in until 10am. bearing in mind she has her bedtime bottle at 7.30/8pm (if she takes one later she doesnt sleep as long, dont know why lol)

And they said - is that it? :hissy:

I thought that was pretty good for a 10 week old? Am i wrong and its not? Do/did you LO's sleep like that at 10 weeks or am i waaay off the mark? Im paranoid now lol

Lexie & Brooke are birthday buddies and it looks as if they are bedtime ones too!!! I tried waking her at about 10.30pm to give her another bottle thinking she may go through untill the morning....... ha how wrong was i! Same as Brooke she didn't sleep as long!

Tyler is the same hun, last bottle 9/10pm then sleeps till 5ish and back to sleep till 7/8am!!

I thought it was good i hear some women saying they get up 3 times a night!!

i think brooke's doing fab honey! all babies are different after all x

thats really good for her age.

Maybe the person meant - is that it - in terms of the amount of times she wakes in the night, rather than how long she sleeps through for? If you see what i mean.

Jack didnt sleep through til he was 2!

thats better than jacob and he's nearly 5 months :rofl: xxx

katie slept like that at that age, we got her to go to sleep at 8.30 and then all of a sudden this week she's been fallin asleep at 7 so we've been puttin her to bed then and now she's sleepin 7ish til 4ish, then down again til about 8, but she's 15 weeks now and has always been a really good sleeper.

brookes sleeping sounds fab tho, my doc said his daughter didnt sleep thru til she was 4!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->