Sleeping attire for 64 degrees?

MEPride

Reaction score
Ftm...

Still trying to figure out how to dress my DD for bed. We live in an area where days can be 80 degrees F and nights can drop to 40 degrees F. On some days, like today, humidity is high at 86%. We keep our room cooler, at 64 degrees F. I obviously don't want to overdress my baby.

How would you dress her? We've been putting her in a cotton footed onesie and a cotton Halo Sleepsack.

I get confused by the whole 'dress them how you would dress or one layer more'. DH and I like the room cold, like 55-60 degree cold. We sleep naked and layer on the blankets, so that doesn't help me much.

That probably sounds about right but will depend on the tog rating of the sleeping bag. The best way to tell if it's ok is to feel the skin on her chest and upper back to make sure it doesn't feel cold or hot and sweaty

That probably sounds about right but will depend on the tog rating of the sleeping bag. The best way to tell if it's ok is to feel the skin on her chest and upper back to make sure it doesn't feel cold or hot and sweaty

This could be really ignorant of me but I'll ask anyway. Do young babies even sweat??? I know their body heat dissipates through their heads so I just assumed they didn't have the ability to sweat yet?

They can only sweat in a few places to begin with, the only ones I remember off the top of my head are back of neck and feet, not sure how old they are when they can sweat all over

It depends on the tog of your sleeping bag. I found this chart really helpful when ours was a baby (it doesn't matter if you don't use the Gro brand bags, all sleeping bags should have a tog rating). Based on your room temps, it looks like a sleepsuit (what I think you might call a onesie, basically a long sleeved all in one that covers the arms, legs and feet) and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. This sounds about right to me and I'd say that's what we would have dressed our daughter in as a baby as our house is usually about that temp at this time of the year. When it's colder in winter we would have added an extra layer and put a long sleeved vest underneath with the sleepsuit and 2.5 tog sleeping bag.

https://www.gro-store.com/grobag-guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->