Sleeping bag or blanket?

Bunnipowder

Reaction score
What is everyone using or going to use? Iv brought sleeping bags as i like the fact baby cant go under them reducing cot death, and in the baby magazine's its all i seem to see. But at my parent craft classes the midwife was talking about blankets and layers and no one else seemed to ask about sleeping bags so I did and the midwife said she wouldn't recommend them in this heat but im due middle of september so it proberely wont be as hot then and you can buy differnt togs which would be the same as having layers with blankets! What does everyone else think?

i intend on using blankets in the cot, but thinking sleeping bag for when out and about and then they can stay in them and sleep when you get back.

i agree with you, you know when to use a thick or thin one, so dont worry about the whole layer thing if you have different togs that will be fine

I'm going to try the sleeping bags. My sister recommended them to me and there are some very cute ones! lol

I wanted to use a sleeping bag but iv decided not to as its so so warm in my flat even in the winter.

Oh and on the temperature thing, the Mothercare catalogue has a guide about how to use the sleeping bags and when to add sleepsuits and cardis, depending on the temperature. Ours is due early December so it will NOT be hot in our house at all!! We'll keep the heating on in the early days but we can't afford to do it for long. I think ours will need things in addition to the sleeping bag rather than the other way around. And by the summer they'll be 6 months old so we can probably safely turn to blankets.

our house is quite cold and baby due in December so I am going to be buying the sleeping bags...and agreed, some very cute ones!! x

I'm going to try the sleeping bags. My sister recommended them to me and there are some very cute ones! lol

I agree I think nearly all of mine are winnie the pooh ones too lol.My crib is all made up with the bumper and sheets and mobile bt looks very bare because there is no blanket in it, i might just lay one of the sleeping bags in there til baby comes so it looks more comfy and inviting :rofl:

not that long left for you...wont be long til the baby is in there too! x

Im not sure but have brought both. ill just see when he arrives what i get on with the best. Im due towards the end of sep so dont see the over heating thing will be an issue.

I've bought both, a few sleeping bags & cot bedding bundles. I'll give each a go & see how we get on :)

with emma i uses blankets in the summer but in the winter i used a sleeping bag as she would kick the covers off and it can get quiet cold. plus it was good when i gave her the last bottle before she went to sleep i would put her init first then if she fell asleep you could put her straight down

Here's something that might interest you all. My Mum just popped round so I showed her the sleeping bag I am going to get and she said we all had them! (This is in the '70s.) She said she made them all and everyone did; they had little sleeves and poppers along the bottom so pretty much the same as our modern ones. She said babies all kick off the blankets and of course in the '70s people didn't usually have much in the way of central heating either.

And there was me thinking it must be a clever modern invention! I guess not much is new in the age-old world of baby-making!

I'm planning on using sleeping bags for LO!

I have bought blankets too though - mostly to make cot look nice till its time for LO to use it!!! x

I've got sleeping bags, but I'm not using them all the time.
I'm going to get blankets too.

:)

Ive got both blankets and sleeping bags i tried it with my Benn and he hated them and wouldnt ever sleep in it. Will give it another go and see which ones she prefers.

I used sleeping bags in the winter with my daughter and blankets in summer. I swear by sleeping bags, they're fab so will be using them this time!

Im using sleeping bags too, I like the idea of reducing the risk of SIDS.

Sleeping bags - I'm going to make/buy lighter weight ones 'cause it's generally warm here. My friends who used sleeping bags swear by them & it was pretty great to see how their little ones would start getting all droopy eyed as soon as they started putting the sleeping bags on.

Yea i'm buying both and see what i like, not sure how hot the house will be as its not built has underfloor heating :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->