Sleeping bag or blanket?

iv bought 3 sleeping bags so far. def going to use them instead of blankets. easier for feeds in the night ect you dont have to unwrap LO.

On the back of the packaging on most mothercare bedding products, it gives temperature guides which are really handy!

I'm going old school and using blankets. I'm gonna be swaddling him aswell, something the hospitals no longer teach (as far as I know) but will get my nan and mum to show me. I'm quite an old fashioned kinda person

Im going to be using blankets and swaddling to !!

Again old fashioned girl ! :happydance:

I used to look after babies as a mother's help when I was a uni student. One family used blankets and the other used the grobag sleepingbags. I found the sleeping bags more practical - especially for evening feeds and older babies, but blankets were fine too so long as they weren't too large.

I think it's personal preference but I'll be using a sleeping bag.

I'm going to use blankets to start with, untill the weather gets cold and then invest in a sleeping bag-they seem a great idea.

keely.

i used sleeping bags with callum, he loved his. He will not keep a blanket on him, kicks it straight off.

my friend used one with her little girl and it got her into a really good routine, she knew that once she had her sleeping bag on it was bed time and she slept through practically from birth!!

After reading this I'm going sleeping bags. I'm due in Early Feb so will be chilly then :)

I have always used sleeping bags in the pram and blankets in bed, this is just what we did, my mum did it, my sister, everyone, so i did it too.
Im quite lucky though because my bedroom is the warmest room in the house as i have the boiler in a cupboard in the corner, so it warms up even if i just have the hot water on.

plus it was good when i gave her the last bottle before she went to sleep i would put her init first then if she fell asleep you could put her straight down

I like that idea :happydance:

I often change Toby's bum, pop him in his sleeping bag then feed him and just plonk him straight into his crib:happydance:

I used sleeping bags with various togs depending on the weather for all 3 of mine and swear by them now. Admittedly I was a bit sceptical at the beginning as even the 3 tog ones feel fairly thin but mine have all slept through from between 6 and 10 weeks old....they wouldn't do that if they weren't snug and comfy would they? (All breastfed too by the way as nobody believes breastfed babies sleep through from such an early age:happydance:).

When Lauren was newborn we didn't have central heating so used to put a cardigan and mittens on her too:rofl:. Newborns hands always feel freezing cold in the morning....no matter what the temperature of the house:baby: so we always put scratch mitts on for bed (or socks coz they stay on better:rofl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->