Sleeping bags

L

Laura--x

I've definately decided im going to be using sleeping bags when baby comes. Because we're using a crib, and im such a worrywort lol, i worry he/she will get his hands and legs caught in the bars and so on.

What i want to know is, if i use a sleeping bag, will i need to use blankets too?

Thanks x

Depends on the temperature of the room. 'Grobag' puts a thermometer in with the sleeping bags they sell (or did when my LO was born) and it indicates the temperature of the room and how many blankets to use with the grobag x

Sleeping bags are enough you dont need blankets. This is a chart from the gro bag website about room temps.

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/whattoweartable.jpg

You don't need to use blankets with a sleeping bag. Depending on the room temperature you just need to make sure you have the right tog sleeping bag and as the chart above says the appropriate clothing. Obviously you need to make sure you use hte right size sleeping bag as well - some of them the baby needs to be 7lbs before you use them.

Are sleeping bags and grobags the same thing.

sorry to sound dumb :blush:

Yeh. Gro bags are just a company that first made them.x

yes honey - grobag is just a brand name. i have always been under the impression that no blankets with sleeping bags. we use the grow egg:
https://www.mothercare.com/Grobag-g...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

and correspond her clothes and tog of the sleeping bag according - using the same chart as sparkswillfly. though i'm sure you can't use sleeping bags under 7lb or something like that, says on the labels, just incase your LO has a small birth weight :) x

I love them and have so many colours, sizes and togs as I have 3 kids already:happydance:. The only thing I've noticed is that when the temp really drops their arms can get a bit cold but even if they have blankets...their arms aren't usually underneath the blankets anyway. I just add a light cardigan over the sleepsuit or pj's on very cold nights.

Mine have always slept through from an early age too....between 6-12weeks and I think it's coz they're all snuggly and comfy. You can put them in sleeping bag and feed them then put them straight in cot or crib without them waking....to change bum, just unzip at the bottom and slide change mat under their bum, sometimes they don't even wake as you do it. I use the Pampers/Huggies change mats to change their bum in the night as it's like fabric and isn't cold under their bottom:happydance:

I love them and have so many colours, sizes and togs as I have 3 kids already:happydance:. The only thing I've noticed is that when the temp really drops their arms can get a bit cold but even if they have blankets...their arms aren't usually underneath the blankets anyway. I just add a light cardigan over the sleepsuit or pj's on very cold nights.

Mine have always slept through from an early age too....between 6-12weeks and I think it's coz they're all snuggly and comfy. You can put them in sleeping bag and feed them then put them straight in cot or crib without them waking....to change bum, just unzip at the bottom and slide change mat under their bum, sometimes they don't even wake as you do it. I use the Pampers/Huggies change mats to change their bum in the night as it's like fabric and isn't cold under their bottom:happydance:

Your such a fountain of knowledge!

Im not taking the piss honest. You just know lots about babies and have loads of hints for the rest of us clueless bunch.:blush:

I've been given a load with no tog ratings on?! Think I'm going to stick a thermometer on my LO and leave it there so I can see what's going on!!! I'm going to have thermometers everywhere I think!!! x

Im not taking the piss honest. You just know lots about babies and have loads of hints for the rest of us clueless bunch.:blush:

:rofl:....I sounded really defensive didn't i? Didn't mean it, I was being sarcastic:dohh:

Elm...are the tog ratings not in a tiny label inside...they're not always on the size label:hissy:

Elm...are the tog ratings not in a tiny label inside...they're not always on the size label:hissy:

No :( Only on one of them and that's 1 tog for summer it says so I know that the rest are more than 1 tog! They just say 0-6 months on the rest, will have a really good search when I'm putting them away just incase I've missed an extra label. I'm going to have a baby with a forehead thermometer permanently attached, poor little man!!!

x

The cheap ones don't have togs hun, like Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda etc own brand. I just gave up and bought 2 Grobags to be sure :) Both are 2.5 tog and I put LO in a vest, baby grow and socks on her arms (it is very cold in our room, OH and I have a 13.5 tog duvet and I am still cold!)

I have one from sainsbury's with the tog label in it. Mothercare sometimes have them on offer when you buy two. I bought a couple of lovely velour ones from there and got some for my sister too:happydance:. I got a couple of lovely ones in John Lewis too that matched Toby's new room beautifully:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->