Sleeping flat on his face

alio

Reaction score
I'm terrified. He's just started rolling over and now started sleeping flat on his face. I mean really flat!! I won't sleep tonight. PLease help?!?!?

Sam used to do that too - I used to leave him on his front but turn his head to the side so that I knew he could breathe ok x

Hiya chick
My little lad did this i had to roll to sheets in to sausages and put them each side of him so he couldnt roll and i put him in a sleeping bag to make it even more difficult for him to roll. Ellies dead lazy she did it once and hasnt done it again. Hope you are well :) x

Sam used to do that too - I used to leave him on his front but turn his head to the side so that I knew he could breathe ok x

Thank you! How did you sleep at night when he was doing it?!?!?!? I am still as neurotic as the day he was born. I find it so hard to sleep at night thinking something will happen to him!!! This will not help!! xxx

Hiya chick
My little lad did this i had to roll to sheets in to sausages and put them each side of him so he couldnt roll and i put him in a sleeping bag to make it even more difficult for him to roll. Ellies dead lazy she did it once and hasnt done it again. Hope you are well :) x

Hi love!!! Right I think I'll have to do that. His sleeping bag is in the wash to make matters worse. Oh well a sleepless night to me.... but then I'm no stranger to that!xxx

Thank you! How did you sleep at night when he was doing it?!?!?!? I am still as neurotic as the day he was born. I find it so hard to sleep at night thinking something will happen to him!!! This will not help!! xxx

I didn't!! Although once I'd moved his head to the side he'd generally be more comfortable and stay like that until he woke up. And once he got better at rolling and moving around he'd wriggle around lots in his sleep and it wasn't such a problem as I knew he'd be able to move if he couldn't breathe well. We bought an angelcare breathing monitor though so I didn't keep having to check on him every 5 minutes! x

I didn't!! Although once I'd moved his head to the side he'd generally be more comfortable and stay like that until he woke up. And once he got better at rolling and moving around he'd wriggle around lots in his sleep and it wasn't such a problem as I knew he'd be able to move if he couldn't breathe well. We bought an angelcare breathing monitor though so I didn't keep having to check on him every 5 minutes! x

:rofl: Oh my goodness me..... just when I thought I peaked at my extreme tiredness pinnacle!!! Thanks for your help... xxx

Katie's been doing this for the last month since i moved her into her own room - it's so frustrating. For 7 months she lay on her back all the time, now it's face down with her nose against the sheet! You can't even see her face at the side. I have 2 monitors - one is the tv screen and the other the angelcare monitor. But I still worry! Haven't had a good nights sleep since she went in her own room.

I asked the health visitor today and she said to keep turning her head to the side. I know they say babies of Katies age will not let themselves smother. I know she can turn her head to the side but she doesn't want to for some reason!

Katie's been doing this for the last month since i moved her into her own room - it's so frustrating. For 7 months she lay on her back all the time, now it's face down with her nose against the sheet! You can't even see her face at the side. I have 2 monitors - one is the tv screen and the other the angelcare monitor. But I still worry! Haven't had a good nights sleep since she went in her own room.

I asked the health visitor today and she said to keep turning her head to the side. I know they say babies of Katies age will not let themselves smother. I know she can turn her head to the side but she doesn't want to for some reason!

Yes!!!! I could have written this myself. It's exactly that!!! I can't see a smidgeon of his face. Why has he decided to do it??! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a video monitor but am thinking of getting an angelcare one. It just scares me so much. xxx

same same lilly sleeps on her front i jst turn her head so she can breath, proper although i dont actually blame little bubz for wanting to do it.... its much more comfy on your belly, you could try putting rolled up blankets down each side of LO that way they cant roll over at all, i seen this in baby book i had. xxxxx

Since Charlotte figured out how to roll she's been sleeping face down, freaked me out for awhile and I STILL check on her constantly. I read somewhere that babies nostrils are flared so they can breathe from the side if their faces are flat down...not sure where I read it, but I remember reading it. I'm sure he'll be fine, just make sure he's not on anything too soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->