Sleeping on tummy?

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
Is it safe? I can't seem to stop I wake up and I'm.half on my side half on tummy .Is it safe will it hurt or squash baby ?

I'm not sure on the answer but I never sleep on my tummy but the past few days I've woke up lay flat on my stomach!

I try to slide a pillow on one side or the other to lean on before resting in a semi-tummy sleeping position, I also end up flat on my stomach. I slept on my stomach until 7 months with my DD though and no issues!

ah that's good, i will use a pillow thank you. do you know what your having? x

I'm 20 weeks and still sleep on stomach just with a pillow supporting the side otherwise feels like I'm Lying on a rugby ball

ah that's good, i will use a pillow thank you. do you know what your having? x

We're expecting a little gentleman, our own little Oliver James :D

We're doing a gender reveal for close family/our DD on Sunday, I've had to keep it in from family and friends since the 1st, it's been hard! :happydance:

Congrats on your little lady by the way!! :hugs:

ah thank you.

little boys are lovley, my little boy (my youngest) is sat next to me atm. x

I didn't grow up with any brothers or boy cousins, so Oliver will be a whole new learning experience for me. I'm so excited that I'm ready for November to be here now :D

It is quite a difference. I had 2 Girls then my third was a boy so it was a bit of a learning curve for me lol. now I'm expecting another Girl after a boy who's 3 and my older 2 girls are 11 and 8 so it's been a while since i've had a baby Girl lol xx

It's perfectly fine to sleep on tummy, as long as your comfortable. I'm a tummy sleeper and do so until it's just not something I physically can do any longer!

I am still sleeping on my stomach at the moment. I can't remember when I stopped last time but I did eventually!

I am still sleeping on my stomach at the moment. I can't remember when I stopped last time but I did eventually!

I don't think i had this problem last 3 times or maybe i don't remember haha. how are you long time no speak?

It's ok if it doesn't hurt. I'm not showing much for gestation but I'm afraid I might pop the amniotic sac like a water balloon if I sleep on my stomach so I don't. I'm sure I'm just paranoid thought and you will likely be fine.

I still am, and did with DS until it was no longer comfortable (approx 25 weeks) and he's just fine. I don't think you will squash the baby as they are surrounded and protected by fairly large cusion of amniotic fluid. If anything it will just become uncomfortable for you. I know you are not supposed to sleep on your back though.

I normally sleep on my tummy all the time.. lately Its starting to feel uncomfortable so I bend my knee high up and put a pillow under it, it kinda gives a little more room for bump but its still kinda feels like ur on your tummy

I've been wondering about this! I also sleep on my side, but sometimes end up half on my stomach. Sleeping fully on my stomach is way too uncomfortable, but sometimes I wake up and she's kicking me so I was worried even a bit on my tummy wasn't good for her.

I know you've gotten good answers already but I wanted to say that I did ask my doctor about this, and she said sleeping on your stomach is fine as long as it's physically comfortable. However, I had to stop several weeks ago because when I try to lay on my stomach, baby starts kicking like mad and doesn't stop for hours.

I read quite a few ladies sleep on their stomachs their whole pregnancy, I sometimes do but it can make me feel achey if I do it too long

Hi ladies i've got my dream gennii out and lying half on side and half on front but not fully.

Sleeping on my stomach would definitely not feel right. I'm using my Dreamgenii pillow and it stops me from rolling over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->