sleeping position

Hanna

Reaction score
I am trying to sleep on my side but i find it uncomfortable. before pregnancy i slept on my stomach. i switched to sleeping on my back early in 1st trimester. but have since read somewhere that sides are better for blood flow and pressure on organs.
i keep turning and changing sides at night and i sometimes wake up on my back which i like best but am worried about. any tips? what do you do?

I'm sorry as I have no tips but I am exactly the same as you!!!

I used to sleep on my tummy, and still can as bump isn't too big for that but bit worried about squashing baby? Could you actually suffocate them by doing this??!! Maybe a stupid question but I'm serious!

I've also taken to sleeping on my back since I can't go on my tummy....but yep I heard that sleeping on your back is bad too!

Really need to get into this sleeping on my side lark. I've heard the left side is better...supposedly shifts baby into labour position? Maybe thats something to think about nearer the end! xx

I am the same I sleep on my side and then wake up on my back. The Midwife said to me not to worry as I will not be able to sleep on my back the minute I shouldnt be if you know what I mean she said it would be painful and wake me up. So you should be ok.

Have you tried sleeping with one of those body pillows? I use one sometimes and it does make things a little more comfortable (especially as you can mould it to support your bump).

I am the same I sleep on my side and then wake up on my back. The Midwife said to me not to worry as I will not be able to sleep on my back the minute I shouldnt be if you know what I mean she said it would be painful and wake me up. So you should be ok.

good news!!! i should still be ok then.:thumbup:

I haven't tried the pillow yet. maybe that's the solution but i am trying to save money!!!

I sleep on my back, dont care about what it says. To me, getting good nights sleep is alot better for me & baby & amber than getting very little sleep.
Also, lying on my side to go to sleep, makes me feel sickly or i get extreme heartburn.

I ALWAYS slept on my front so I am missing it lots. I have tried to train myself into sleeping on my left side but I get bad hip ache (quite boney haha) so I turn over to my right. I do sleep on my back to but my Mum told me I snore haha. She stayed with me the night before last. xx

I try to fall asleep on the left side but invariably wake up on the right, or on my back...

usually, our bodies are pretty good at telling us when to turn or what not...i usually sleep on the side but to turn to my back ...and just as easily switch sides when i know me or the baby's uncomfortable...just trust ur body :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->