Sleeping with baby's first blanket...

sue_88

Reaction score
Has anyone started sleeping with their LO's first blanket. My girl has 3 blankets & just wondering when to start scenting them!

It's a fabulous idea. We had to do this while our baby was in neonatal for 3 months, so she could get used to my scent.

I never thought about this but it's a wonderful idea! I am cross stitching my DS a baby blanket and I think as much as it's on my lap and in my hands it may already be getting my scent on it. It'll be a while though before it's completed. I just hope it's done before he gets here! LOL! Will keep reading to see what others say. I may end up sleeping with mine even if it's not done yet just to make sure it is scented.

I'm just debating how to do it.....
Should I cuddle it? Or thinking what might be more practical is lie the blanket on my pillow when I wake & leave it there all day?

I'm a messy sleeper so wouldn't want to get tangled in it lol or don't want to pull/snag the cellular blanket.

I've also just realised I've put one of her blankets at the BOTTOM of my 'just in case' hospital bag :dohh: got to fish that out now!

thats a really good idea never even though about that before :)

I have carried my DDs snuggle comforter around with my last pregnancy and it really helped settle her so I have done it again this time and hopes it settles my new baby too :)

What a nice idea, I never knew I should be doing this, i'm knitting a blanket, better get it finished and washed so that I can start snuggling up to it :winkwink:

Never heard of this. Sounds like a great idea!!

Aw I never did this with my daughter! How lovely! Think I'll start doing it with my boys blankets! x

I did it with my sons teddy and blanket in the last few days before he was due. Didn't want to do it any sooner as I didn't want it to get dirty.

Oh wow I'm glad I've managed to pass on this idea, I thought it just made sense so assumed it was a done thing :shrug:

I managed to fish out her blanket & decided I'll give that a cuddle tonight. X

Love this!!! I am out today to look for babys first blanket so I will def be doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->