sleeping

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
everytime i put my baby down at night he just doesnt seem to like it in his moses basket hel wake up straight away when i put him in and start kicking his legs and arms and making loads of noise for ages i have to keep end up taking him out and letting him sleep in his bouncer next to my bed and he will go to sleep fine in there i sometimes have to bounce him a bit, then when he wakes up for a feed at about 3 ish i try putting him in his moses basket again but he does the same thing as soon as i put him in his bouncer and bounce him a few times hel be asleep, do you think it matters hes sleeping in there ? anyone else got the same problem ? xxx

:crib:

I have the same problem in that I cant put Hannah down unless she is already in a deep sleep. Anything else and she wakes up and we have to start all over again! We swaddle her but cant wait for the day when she will drop off to sleep herself in her cot.

maybe try putting the bouncer into the moses basket, maybe that wouldnt fit? or into the cot? It could be the whole nighttime thing, have you tried putting him in the moses basket during the day?

My son was born 12 weeks premature and had very severe reflux, so severe that everytime he lay down he choked :( and the hospital told me I had to make the bouncer his bed till his reflux got abit better, and he slept in the bouncer for his 1st 6 months. When the time came to put him in the cot he had no bother, maybe he doesnt like the enclosed feeling of the moses basket, so just try the cot maybe?

Maybe try to put something under the top end of the moses basket mattress to lift it up a bit if he likes being at an angle? x

I have the same problem, Connor likes to sleep on his stomach so he will not sleep in his snugglenest. Every time I lay him on his back he starts kicking around and wakes back up. He always ends up sleeping on my stomach for most of the night.

I have the same problem coz, Louis will fall asleep after a bottle if I'm holding him, I wait until he has totally drifted off then I try and put him in the moses basket and he wakes up straight away.. He sleeps with me all night but I really want to try and get him out of that habit..

I have the same problem with my son max ( 4 weeks old ) unless hes in a deep sleep ..the min i put him into his bassinet he will kick and scream till i get him ..
I figured out that he just didnt like the firmness matress so I put a small blanket in there and hes fine

as for swaddling ..well mine has never liked it even the day he was born he kicked his way out lol

Maybe try to put something under the top end of the moses basket mattress to lift it up a bit if he likes being at an angle? x

I was going to suggest this...you can get wedge pillows to raise one end of the mattress so they're not lying flat (or just fold something up underneath) - some babies get bad reflux after a feed until the sphincter muscle at the top of the stomach becomes stronger, so they get stomach acid flowing upwards if they lie flat. Lying more upright in a bouncer or with one end of the mattress raised helps because gravity keeps it in the stomach. Hope it gets better for you ans him soon

i did try that but it didnt do anything for him :hissy: xxx

I was going to suggest this...you can get wedge pillows to raise one end of the mattress so they're not lying flat (or just fold something up underneath) - some babies get bad reflux after a feed until the sphincter muscle at the top of the stomach becomes stronger, so they get stomach acid flowing upwards if they lie flat. Lying more upright in a bouncer or with one end of the mattress raised helps because gravity keeps it in the stomach. Hope it gets better for you ans him soon

I did try raising it a a bit but didnt seem to make a difference but still wasnt as raised as his bouncer is, what is reflux is this like wind ? :blush: xxx

to all those with the same problem doesnt it tier you out, i get so tired he just seems to be awake all the time lol xxx

I swaddle Noah only at night, so he knows its night time, and I play a white noise CD. Before when I wasnt useing the CD I had to hold him for like an hour before he would let me put him down, now for the last week Ive feed him and put him down with no issues.

We have put a box under the back two legs of Seth's moses basket which seems to help. Our MW said babies don't like being laid flat.

Also we put one of my or matts tshirts in with him which the MW also suggested.

Hope this helps :)

xxx

After 4 weeks my kid absolutely refused to sleep in her Moses basket so I ended up taking the carrycot part off her pram and putting it inside her cot. That seemed to work.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about letting your baby sleep in the bouncer.... do what you have to do to get some rest it can't be bothering him and imho it's too young to be setting sleep patterns and such anyways because nothing ever seems to stick that early. I used to let mine sleep in her rainforest rocking swing thingie when she was having a bad night or I wanted her to sleep in the day. Sleep patterns work themselves out on their own eventually.

ive also tryed swaddeling and it doesnt do anything for him at all, yesterday from 9am till 12am he didnt even have a proper sleep his longest sleep must of been a hour the rest he just kept drifting off for 10 mins then waking up, he just wont stop crying the last 2 days i dont know how to stop him ive tryed everything it might be cos i stopped his infacol and tryed gripe water for his wind but im now thinking maybe the infacol was better as yesterday he just cryed all day and night and this morning he wont stop too :hissy: xxx

im sure i used to use both with maddy she was a very windy baby and even now never stops pumping lol bless her,

things will have probable have changed loads but i used to give her infacol and it came in a little pipette thing in the actual bottle and i used to put some gripe water in each feed/bottle...can you not do that now

h x

I did try raising it a a bit but didnt seem to make a difference but still wasnt as raised as his bouncer is, what is reflux is this like wind ? :blush: xxx

It's heartburn, so it can cause them quite a bit of pain. As long as you've found a way for him (and you) to get some sleep, I wouldn't worry about where it is - he should be fine in the bouncer :)

My kid suffered with reflux it's basically where they can't keep their milk inside their stomach and it comes back up... my kid used to vomit a lot even. One sure sign of it is if your kid is stiffening up a lot. The docs will prescribe Gaviscon powder for you if that's the case.. it can make a baby really miserable to say the least!

My kid suffered with reflux it's basically where they can't keep their milk inside their stomach and it comes back up... my kid used to vomit a lot even. One sure sign of it is if your kid is stiffening up a lot. The docs will prescribe Gaviscon powder for you if that's the case.. it can make a baby really miserable to say the least!

he doesnt bring anything up much though but he does keep stiffning up which i thought was due to his wind he allways makes loads of noises aswell whilst he stiffens up and looks irritated if only they could tell you what was wrong lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->